The MX 9000 Flow Monitor is a versatile, multi-functional device that helps you track rate, flow, limit, ratio, and other variables. The unit’s multicolor back-lighted LCD display is easy-to-read with up to 22 different display modes available, depending on model. The standard unit is one channel, but the optional two channel version allows you to monitor dual flows and display them in a number of ways: separately, as a sum (for example in total material use), as a difference (as in fuel consumption), or as a ratio of product A/product B.
You can also use the MX 9000 Flow Monitor to detect bi-directional flow when A and B channel signals are available from a single flow meter. Other capabilities include the capacity to monitor data and program the unit remotely. Four model variations give the MX 9000 the capability of performing limit, warning and alarm duties and batching. Principle of Operation After first making connections to the power source and to flow transmitter input and output, you can choose up to 22 display modes.
These include rates, totals, ratios, limits and others, based on the model purchased. Then input kfactor values, the required engineering units, gate times, limits, etc. A 10-point linearizer is built-in for added display accuracy. You may also program other values such as warning/alarm limits and ratios, depending on model.
Rate, total, limit, batch and ratio options
- Single or dual channel
- Two programmable Form C relay outputs (optional)
- One or two assignable 4-20 mA output (optional)
- Data logging capabilities
- Easy-to-read LCD display with color backlight that changes color for warning or alarm
- Batch controller – stores up to 20 batch recipes
The MX 9000 Process Monitor is a versatile, multi-functional device that helps you track rate, total, limit, ratio, and more. Standard unit is one channel. Optional two channels allow you to monitor dual flows, and display them in a number of ways: separately, as a sum (for example in total material use), as a difference (as in fuel consumption), or as a ratio of product A/product B. Also use the MX 9000 to detect bi-directional flow when A and B channel signals are available from a single flow meter. The MX 9000 has a number of related functions that add to its capabilities. Four model variations (see reverse side) give the MX 9000 the capability of performing limit, warning and alarm duties.
The MX 9000 is available with one or two channels, to monitor:
- Flow rate from one or two meters
- Flow volume (sum or difference of two flows)
- Ratio (product A/product B)
Intuitive Setup PC Software
The MX 9000 can be setup from the convenience of your PC with a simple download of the MX 9000 Toolkit software. You can change all settings from the PC Toolkit, including:
- Analog outputs
- Flow measurement units
Customizable Housing Options
- The MX 9000 is available in custom enclosures to meet your application requirements.
Easy Remote Programming
- This unit can be easily programmed to display what you need in a variety of engineering units.
Up and Running in Minutes
- Easy plug-in installation. A quick setup procedure allows you to have the flow monitor working with just a few simple programming steps.
- 14 to 16 VAC/250mA, or 18-24 VDC/200mA (customer supplied), or 120/240 VAC (optional).
- *All units are shipped with 120VAC/1000mA wall transformer.
Analog Output 4-20MA: External-powered loop output into a maximum 500 ohm load impedance with 24 VDC supply. 2nd loop output optional.
Frequency Inputs: 0-4 KHz, sine, square or saw-tooth; 4 volts minimum amplitude; 3.3 Kohm maximum impedance.
Integrated Linearization: Maximum 30-point linearization table for improved accuracy over range.
Flow Sensor Power Supplies: (2) @ 15 VDC / up to 50 mA each
Download Data Sheet: Panel Mount Process Monitor MX 9000 Series