The RFLS-28 high-frequency level sensor is intended for industrial use for limit level sensing of liquid and pastes
media. It is designed for vertical mounting in the tank or using a tubular extender (see the technical datasheet for
accessories) or a bracket. It can directly replace vibrating level sensors, or capacitive level sensors in more demanding applications. Media can be electrically conductive as well as non-conductive. The sensor can be installed in metal or plastic tanks, filling tanks, sumps, etc.
The sensor is also suitable for detecting levels of both viscous and electrically conductive media (yogurt, jams, mayonnaise, spreads, liquid soaps, creams, and pastes). After setting the sensitivity to a specific medium, the sensor reliably reacts to the presence or absence of a medium level. The sensor does not react to residues and deposits of viscous media on the measuring electrode.
The sensor can also be used to distinguish a specific medium from others – using the “Medium window” function.
E.g. the sensor can distinguish oil from water and air, can detect only beer foam and ignore beer and air, etc.
- High-frequency limit level sensors with the elimination of deposits and foam on the electrode for vertical mounting
- For reliable limit sensing of the level of various liquids, slurries and pastes as well as adhering
- Unique material type resolution function “Medium window” (the sensor is sensitive only to the set medium and does not react to substances with lower and higher permittivity)
- Can replace vibration level sensors
- Universal design for all types of liquids (electrically conductive or non-conductive)
- High stability at high sensitivity (can be used for substances with εr ≥ 1.5)
- Installation using tubular extensions
- Adjustment with a magnetic pen before installation
|Supply voltage||7 … 34 V DC|
|Current consumption||max. 5 mA DC|
|Output type||PNP (open collector)|
|Status indication||2x LED (orange, green)|
|Max. switching current (PNP output)||300 mA|
|Residual voltage in the closed state||max. 1.5 V|
|Protection class||IP 68|
|Cable||PVC 3 x 0.5 mm2|
|Weight (without cable)||approx. 0.15 kg|
|Setup technique||magnetic pen MP-8|
|The relative permittivity of a medium||εr ≥ 1.5|
Download Catalog: HIGH FREQUENCY LEVEL SENSORS RFLS-28 Dinel, Level and Flow Measurement