The ULS® ultrasonic level sensor is compact measurement devices containing an ultrasonic transmitter and an electronic module. Using a transmitter, the level sensor transmits the series of ultrasonic pulses that spread towards the level surface. The transmitter receives reflected acoustic waves that are subsequently processed in the electronic module. Based on the period during which the individual pulses spread towards the level and back, this period is averaged by the electronics that perform temperature compensation and subsequently a conversion to output. The output of the ULS sensor consists of a PNP transistor with an open collector or a two-state current switch 4 mA / 20 mA.
Thanks to the contactless measuring principle ultrasonic level meters are suitable for continuous measurement or limit level sensing of liquids, wastewater, sludge, suspensions, adhesives, resins in various open and closed vessels, sumps, open channels, and drains. Use for organic solvents or substances, which contain organic solvents, should be consulted with the manufacturer.
Usability for level measurement of solid materials is limited, there is a shorter measuring range. We recommend using the level meter for such a medium to consult with the manufacturer. The setting is carried out either using two buttons or a magnetic pen or by remote setting in case of Modbus RTU output. The device is equipped with an optical indication of its state (RUN) and the setting process (STATE). It is manufactured in designs for normal (N) and explosive atmospheres (Xi).
- For limit level measurement of liquids (even if polluted), mash and paste materials in open or closed vessels, sumps, open channels, drains, etc.
- Variants of the level sensor with adjustment by two buttons, or by magnetic pen
- Xi version for usage in explosive areas
- State indication by two LEDs
- The output is PNP transistor with an open collector (max. switching current 300 mA) or two-state current switch 4 mA / 20 mA
- Wide choice of electric connection via connectors, cable glands or protective conductor
- Reception of reflected ultrasonic signal from level can be improved using horn adapter
Variant of Sensor
- ULS–53_–01–_ measurement range 0.1 m to 1 m, all-plastic design, source of PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride), mechanical connection with thread G ¾.
- ULS–53_–02–_ measurement range 0.20 m to 2 m, all-plastic design, source of PVDF, mechanical connection with thread G 1”.
- ULS–53_–06–_ measurement range 0.20 m to 6 m, all-plastic design, source of PVDF, mechanical connection with thread G 1 ½”.
- ULS–53_–10–_ measurement range 0.4 m to 10 m, all-plastic case, source of PVDF, mechanical connection with thread G 2 ¼“.
- ULS–53_–20–_ measurement range 0.5 m to 20 m, all-plastic case, source of PVDF, mechanical connection with the flange of aluminum alloy.
|Measuring range 1)||ULS–53_–01–_||0,1 … 1 m|
|ULS–53_–02–_||0,2 … 2 m|
|ULS–53_–06–_||0,2 … 6 m|
|ULS–53_–10–_||0,4 … 10 m|
|ULS–53_–20–_||0,5 … 20 m|
|Supply voltage||ULS–53N–_ _–_||18 … 36 V DC|
|ULS–53Xi–_ _ –_–S||18 … 30 V DC|
|Current supply||ULS–53N–_ _ –_–P||max. 12 mA|
|ULS–53_–_ _ –_–S||disconnected 4 mA / connected 20 mA|
|Current output||ULS–53N–_ _ –_–P||PNP transistor with an open collector (max. switch current 300 mA)|
|Voltage output||ULS–53_–_ _ –_–S||two-state current switch 4 mA / 20 mA|
|Resolution||< 1 mm|
|Accuracy (within the total range)||ULS–53_–01 in area0,1–0,2 m / 0,2–1,0 m||0,3 % / 0,2 %|
|ULS–53_–02; –06||0,15 %|
|ULS–53_–10; –20||0,2 %|
|Temperature error||max. 0,04% / K|
|Beamwidth (-3 dB)||ULS–53_–01–_; 02–_; 10–_||10°|
|Ambient temperature range||ULS–53_–01–_; 02–_; 06–_||-30 … +70°C|
|ULS–53_–10–_; 20–_||-30 … +60°C|
|Measuring period||ULS–53_–01–_; 02–_||0,6 s|
|Averaging||4 measurement 3)|
|Short time-temperature stress resistance||+90°C / 1 hod.|
|Max. operation overpressure (on transmission surface)||0,1 MPa|
|Max. internal values 2) (for the Xi version only)||Ui=30 V DC; Ii=132 mA; Pi=0,99 W; Ci=370 nF; Li=0,9 mH|
|Failure indication||echo failure – basic mode||3,75 mA / 0 V|
|echo failure – inverse mode||22 mA / 10,5 V|
|level in dead zone 4) – basic mode||22 mA / 10,5 V|
|level in dead zone 4) – inverse model||3,75 mA / 0 V|
|Protection class||ULS-53_-__-_-_-_- T||IP67|
|ULS-53_-__-_-_- G-M, L|
|ULS-53_-__-_-_- C-M, L||IP67 5)|
|ULS-53_-__-_-_- B-M, L||IP68|
|ULS-53_-__-_-_- H-M, L|
|Recommended cable||PVC 2 x 0,75 mm2 (3 x 0,5 mm2)|
|Maximal current output load resistance||at U = 24 V DC||Rmax = 270 Ω|
|at U = 22 V DC||Rmax =180 Ω|
|at U = 20 V DC||Rmax = 90 Ω|
|Minimal voltage output load resistance||Rain > 1 kΩ|
|The delay between supply power rise time and the first measurement||ULS–53_–01–_; 02–_; 06–_||5 s|
|ULS–53_–10–_; 20–_||9 s|
|Process connection||ULS–53_–01–_||thread G ¾‘‘|
|ULS–53_–02–_||thread G 1‘‘|
|ULS–53_–06–_||thread G 1½‘‘|
|ULS–53_–10–_||thread G 2¼‘‘|
|ULS–53_–20–_||aluminum alloy flange|
Download Catalog: ULTRASONIC LEVEL SENSORS ULS-53 Dinel Level and Flow Measurement