Amphenol Australia has been manufacturing and designing innovative XLR connectors since 1955 The AC series cable connector range complies with IEC268-12 and AES 14-1992 standards. CSA File Number 68598.
- AC series XLR connectors feature the unique Australian design and patented “Jaws” cable retention system
- A leading first mate last break socket contact is standard on all-female connectors (Pin 1).
- The “Jaws” cable retention system provides up to 44kg (100lb) of strain.
- The AC series connector can be quickly and easily assembled without screws – by hand or portable termination tool. (Part number T2860)
- Available in 3, 4, 5, 6A, and 7 contact arrangements.
- Compatible with all major XLR brands.
- Solder Bucket termination
- Thermoplastic shell
- Zinc Diecast shell – Satin Nickel Finish
- Zinc Diecast shell – Black Polyester Finish
- Gold, Silver or Tin Plated contacts
- Bulk Style Packaging
- Single Bag packs
- Precision machined contacts
- Cost-effective stamped contacts on 3 pole
- Standard Jaws cable clamp, Cable O.D 3mm to 6.5mm (0.118” to 0.255”)
- Large Jaws cable clamp, Cable O.D 6.5mm to 8mm (0.255” to 0.314”)
- Metal Boots / Backshells
- Coloured Boots / Backshells
- Colored Identification rings
- Termination / Assembly tooling
Amphenol is one of the largest manufacturers of interconnect products in the world. The Company designs, manufactures and markets electrical, electronic and fiber optic connectors, coaxial and flat-ribbon cable, and interconnect systems.
The primary end markets for the Company’s products are communications and information processing markets, including cable television, cellular telephone and data communication and information processing systems; aerospace and military electronics; and automotive, rail and other transportation and industrial applications.
Amphenol has a diversified presence across eight high-growth segments of the electronics market: Military, Commercial Aerospace, Industrial, Automotive, IT Datacom, Mobile Networks, Mobile Devices and Broadband. Our goal is simple – to develop leading technologies that enhance the performance of our customers’ products, systems and networks. Our products enable virtually all electronics systems, from sophisticated military communications systems to the latest mobile computing platforms, from next-generation airliners to advanced automotive electronics, from vast data centers to internet-connected devices, and from high-speed trains to the latest wind turbines. We are especially excited by our latest solutions in the many new markets that continue to emerge, including next-generation electric and autonomous vehicles, advanced battery storage systems, alternative energy generation, enterprise data centers and wearable consumer devices.