US Digital Motion Control Releases New Magnetic Encoder Available in Incremental or Incremental and Absolute Configurations. US Digital’s new encoder breaks the mold of what engineers expect from a magnetic encoder.
The new M3K Miniature Magnetic Encoder is available with incremental output or an incremental and 12-bit absolute output configuration. Yes, you read that right. Incremental and absolute output in one encoder. Despite the small size, only 0.586 in. (14.88 mm) in diameter, the M3K is available with an index and has incremental output of up to 8,192 CPR (32,768 PPR).
The M3K is designed to work in high volume, restricted space applications. It features a push-on hub design that quickly and easily mounts to shaft lengths of 0.500 or 0.390 in. and shaft diameters from 0.118 to 0.250 in.
“The M3K is designed to take up minimal space but still offers features of a larger encoder including a wide CPR range, Index, multiple shaft size support and latching connectors,” said US Digital Mechanical Engineer Richard Somerville, who worked on the encoder’s mechanical design. “Combined with the possibility of custom mounting configurations or shaft lengths, it is adaptable to various applications.”
The M3K was developed to work over a wide range of voltages and unlike many typical magnetic encoders, maintains accuracy across the entire supported temperature range. The M3K miniature magnetic encoder utilizes using a 6-conductor, polarized, latching connector, providing a secure connection resistant to vibrations.
Reliable Technology for Today’s Applications With a vast product portfolio, US Digital® can quickly and efficiently serve the industries that depend on quality motion control. We at US Digital strive to set the standard for superior motion control technology. Customers across a wide range of industries rely on the support and lead times that US Digital offers in order to keep innovation in motion. We stand behind the quality encoder solutions that move your applications forward.
From plastics and metal to alternative filaments like wood, cement, sugar, wax and more, our motion control devices allow great innovators to help facilitate the next generation of 3D printing.
By understanding a customer’s specific needs and executing against them in a streamlined fashion, we build the motion control products that will uniquely fit tomorrow’s next great idea.
Energy is critical to everything US Digital Motion Control do. And to best capture the resources that fuel our lives, we provide the motion control that can weather the elements.
Fitting seamlessly with NEMA 8-34 motors, our agile encoders operate with the primary goal of driving your motor-dependent business forward.
Offering compact sizes in over half a million different configurations, we deliver the precise and reliable motion control solutions that today’s automated systems require.
Working closely with our textile customers to offer efficient production that doesn’t sacrifice a stitch of quality.
US Digital Motion Control Products
Wherever precision in motion is of the essence, an encoder is likely to be found. Indeed, it’s hard to name an industry that does not benefit from encoder technology. It is found everywhere from mission-critical applications in the most rugged environments to routine workplace applications that demand uncompromising repeatability.
Fundamentally, encoders translate rotary or linear motion into a digital signal for monitoring or controlling speed, direction, distance or position. US Digital offers more than one million high-quality, off-the-shelf encoder configurations of two primary types: absolute and incremental. Absolute encoders report a precise shaft angle within a single 360-degree shaft rotation. In contrast, incremental encoders provide a relative position with respect to a home or zero position. Depending on the required precision and environmental harshness, US Digital encoder designs may utilize optical or magnetic sensors.
US Digital Motion Control Designed to report a precise shaft angle within a single 360-degree shaft rotation US Digital designs and manufactures absolute encoders in both optical configurations, for the highest possible resolution and accuracy, and magnetic versions for demanding environments. In either case, absolute encoders report a shaft angle within a single 360-degree shaft rotation without stops or gaps. Unlike incremental (sometimes called “relative”) encoders, absolute encoders provide true (absolute) shaft position, eliminating the need for a “home” or “zero” cycle after a supply-voltage power cycle.
Kit Absolute Encoders
Kit-style encoders enable easy assembly onto existing shaft and bearing assemblies. Each US Digital kit encoder is available with a digital output and an optional analog output scalable to application needs.
- A2 ABSOLUTE OPTICAL SHAFT.
- A2K ABSOLUTE OPTICAL ENCODER
- HD25A ABSOLUTE INDUSTRIAL
- MA3 MINIATURE ABSOLUTE
- MAE3 ABSOLUTE MAGNETIC KIT
Shaft Absolute Encoders
Absolute shaft encoders incorporate their own shaft and bearing assembly, which in turn is coupled to the motor shaft with a belt, gear train or coupling. The encoder may then report shaft angles within a single 360-degree shaft rotation without stops or gaps.
- A2 ABSOLUTE OPTICAL SHAFT.
- HD25A ABSOLUTE INDUSTRIA
- MA3 MINIATURE ABSOLUTE
Provide a relative position with respect to a “home” or zero position. Incremental encoders provide a relative position with respect to a “home” or zero position. US Digital offers incremental encoders as kits ready for assembly and shaft-equipped encoders, using both optical and magnetic technologies. Also in stock and immediately available are encoder modules and encoder components such as disks and hubdisks.
Kit Incremental Encoders
US Digital has become known for providing the industry’s widest array of quick-assembly, kit-style encoders. These encoders are simple to add to existing applications, since they comprise just four or five primary components and easily mount on existing shafts.
- E16 MICRO OPTICAL KIT
- E2 OPTICAL KIT ENCODER
- E3 OPTICAL KIT ENCODER
- E4T MINIATURE OPTICAL KIT
- E5 OPTICAL KIT ENCODER
- E6 OPTICAL KIT ENCODER
- E8T MINIATURE OPTICAL KIT.
- EC35 OPTICAL COMMUTATION KIT
Magnetic Incremental Encoders
Magnetic encoders can be used in areas which have higher humidity, dirt and dust and may also operate in various fluid environments. They use less power than their optical counterparts, but may not provide the same resolution or positional accuracy as optical encoders due to inherent non-linearities in the magnetic field.
- M3K MINIATURE MAGNETIC
Shaft Incremental Encoders
US Digital offers a growing array, including many that offer a choice of shaft torque, including: standard, no-torque and a precision ball-bearing version for high-speed or ultra-low torque applications.
- H1 BALL BEARING OPTICAL
- H3 BALL BEARING OPTICAL
- H5 BALL BEARING OPTICAL
- H6 BALL BEARING OPTICAL.
- HD25 INDUSTRIAL RUGGED METAL
- S1 OPTICAL SHAFT ENCODER
- S2 OPTICAL SHAFT ENCODER
- S4T MINIATURE OPTICAL SHAFT.
- S5 OPTICAL SHAFT ENCODER
- S6 OPTICAL SHAFT ENCODER
Hollow Bore Encoders
Hollow bore encoders are designed to mount directly to an existing shaft to provide feedback information. They’re also known as “through bore”, “through shaft”, and “hollow shaft” encoders.
- HB5M HOLLOW BORE OPTICAL
- HB6M HOLLOW BORE OPTICAL
When paired with a high-quality US Digital encoder disk or linear strip, our transmissive optical encoder modules accurately detect rotary or linear position in a wide range of motion-control applications.
- EM1 TRANSMISSIVE OPTICAL
- EM2 TRANSMISSIVE OPTICAL
US Digital’s transmissive encoder disks and strips are constructed from durable Mylar™ film to support accurate motion sensing across a wide range of industries and applications, in temperatures spanning -40 C to 100 C.
- DISK-1, 1 IN. TRANSMISSIVE ROTARY
- DISK-2, 2 IN. TRANSMISSIVE ROTARY
- HUBDISK-1, 1 IN. TRANSMISSIVE ROTARY
- HUBDISK-2, 2 IN. TRANSMISSIVE ROTARY
- LIN TRANSMISSIVE LINEAR
When it comes to sensors, engineers seeking precise single-axis measurements (or accurate elevation readings in a dual-axis tracker) have historically had few viable options. Keep solar-collection and tracking systems on target by maximizing output and efficiency with US Digital’s US-made absolute inclinometers. Rugged, affordable and extremely accurate, they enable control engineers to strike the perfect balance between cost, value and long-term performance.
- A2T ABSOLUTE OPTICAL
- T7 NETWORKED ABSOLUTE
US Digital Motion Control Accessories
Standard, latching, locking, micro, modular, unterminated, adapter, CAN, and USB.
- CA-C10-F-C10, 10-PIN IDC CONNECTOR
- CA-C10-SH-C10, 10-PIN STANDARD CONNECTOR
- CA-C10-SH-NC, 10-PIN STANDARD CONNECTOR
- CA-C10L-SH-NC, 10-PIN STANDARD CONNECTOR
- CA-C5-SH-C5, 5-PIN STANDARD CONNECTOR
- CA-C5-SH-FC5, 5-PIN STANDARD CONNECTOR
- CA-C5-SH-NC, 5-PIN STANDARD CONNECTOR
- CA-C5-W4-NC, 5-PIN STANDARD CONNECTOR
- CA-C5-W5-NC, 5-PIN STANDARD CONNECTOR
- CA-CFR-PS-DB9P, T7-232 POWER AND SERIAL
- CA-CFR-PS-NC, T7 PUR SHIELDED CABLE
- CA-CFTR-PS-NC, T7 PUR SHIELDED CABLE
- CA-CM-PS-CFR, T7 PUR SHIELDED CABLE
- CA-CM-PS-CFTR, T7 PUR SHIELDED CABLE
- CA-DF5-SH-NC, 5-PIN DF52 CONNECTOR
- CA-E15-SH-NC, 15-PIN CONNECTOR
- CA-FC10-SH-FC10, 10-PIN LATCHING CONNECTOR
- CA-FC10-SH-NC, 10-PIN LATCHING CONNECTOR
- CA-FC10-W8-NC, 10-PIN LATCHING CONNECTOR
- CA-FC10L-SH-FC10L, 10-PIN LATCHING CONNECTOR
- CA-FC10L-SH-NC, 10-PIN LATCHING CONNECTOR
- CA-FC10P-SH-NC, 10-PIN LATCHING CONNECTOR
- CA-FC5-SH-FC5, 5-PIN LATCHING CONNECTOR
- CA-FC5-SH-LC5, 5-PIN LATCHING CONNECTOR
- CA-FC5-SH-MIC3, 5-PIN LATCHING CONNECTOR
- CA-FC5-SH-MIC4, 5-PIN LATCHING CONNECTOR
- CA-FC5-SH-NC, 5-PIN LATCHING CONNECTOR
- CA-FC5-SH-RC7, 5-PIN LATCHING CONNECTOR
- CA-FC5-W4-NC, 5-PIN LATCHING CONNECTOR
- CA-FC5-W5-NC, 5-PIN LATCHING CONNECTOR
- CA-LC5-SH-LC5, 5-PIN LOCKING CONNECTOR
- CA-LC5-SH-NC, 5-PIN LOCKING CONNECTOR
- CA-LC5-W4-NC, 5-PIN LOCKING CONNECTOR
- CA-LC5-W5-NC, 5-PIN LOCKING CONNECTOR
- CA-MD3, USB TO RS485 ADAPTER
- CA-MD6-SH-MD6, 6-PIN MODULAR CONNECTOR
- CA-MD6-SH-RC10, 6-PIN MODULAR CONNECTOR
- CA-MD6-SS-MD6, 6-PIN MODULAR CONNECTOR
- CA-MD6A-SS-MD6, 6-PIN MODULAR CONNECTOR
- CA-MIC3-SH-NC, 3-PIN MICRO CONNECTOR
- CA-MIC3-W3-NC, 3-PIN MICRO CONNECTOR
- CA-MIC4-SH-NC, 4-PIN MICRO CONNECTO
Standard, latching, micro, modular, round, multiple pin configurations.
- CON-C10, 10-PIN STANDARD
- CON-C5, 5-PIN STANDARD CONNECTOR
- CON-CAN-MFF, T7 BUS SPLITTER – 1M TO
- CON-FC10, 10-PIN LATCHING
- CON-FC5, 5-PIN LATCHING CONNECTOR
- CON-LC5, 5-PIN LOCKING CONNECTOR
- CON-MD6, 6-PIN MODULAR CONNECTORS
- CON-MIC3, 3-PIN MICRO CONNECTOR
- CON-MIC4, 4-PIN MICRO CONNECTOR
- CON-MIC6, 6-PIN MICRO CONNECTOR
- CON-RC10, 10-PIN ROUND CONNECTOR
- CON-RC7, 7-PIN ROUND CONNECTOR
Field-programmable models featuring crisp, half-inch high digits displayed for easy reading against a contrasting blue backlight.
- ED3, DIGITAL ENCODER DISPLAY
- Wrenches, drivers, spacers, and centering tools for easy, accurate installations. Also precision-machined screws for quality fit and stable performance.
- CTOOL, CENTERING TOOL FOR E2,…
- HEXD-050, HEX DRIVER – .050 IN.
- HEXW, HEX WRENCH
- MCTOOL, CENTERING TOOL FOR E4T
- SCREW, THREADED FASTENERS
- SPACER TOOL
- Dozens of choices, including ICs, to support your US Digital encoder and inclinometer designs.
- EA, INCREMENTAL ENCODER
- LS7082N, ENCODER TO COUNTER
- LS7082N-S, ENCODER TO COUNTER
- LS7083N, ENCODER TO COUNTER
- LS7083N-S, ENCODER TO COUNTER
- LS7084N, ENCODER TO COUNTER
- LS7084N-S, ENCODER TO COUNTER
- LS7166A, 24-BIT QUADRATURE
- LS7166A-S, 24-BIT QUADRATURE
- LS7183N, ENCODER TO COUNTER
- LS7183N-S, ENCODER TO COUNTER
- LS7184N, ENCODER TO COUNTER
- LS7184N-S, ENCODER TO COUNTER
- LS7267, 24-BIT DUAL-AXIS
- LS7267-S,24-BIT DUAL-AXIS
- LS7366R-S, 32-BIT QUADRATURE COUNTER
- PC3, ENCODER OPEN COLLECTOR
- PC4, INCREMENTAL ENCODER CABLE
- PC5, BROADCOM/AVAGO COMPATIBLE
- PC6, ENCODER TO COUNTER
- QSB, QUADRATURE TO USB
- SEI-USB, SEI TO USB ADAPTER
- USB4, ENCODER DATA ACQUISITION
Programmable stepper motor-drivers available in a wide range of resolutions; housed in durable, black-anodized aluminum.
- MD3, MICROSTEPPING MOTOR
- High-quality regulated switching supplies.
- PS-12,REGULATED SWITCHING 12 V
The products below have been discontinued or are currently EOL (end-of-life). They appear here strictly for legacy purposes and to serve as customer reference information.
- AD2B, SEI TO RS-232 ADAPTER
- AD7, HD25A BREAKOUT BOX
- E4, MINIATURE OPTICAL KIT
- E4P, OEM MINIATURE OPTICAL KIT
- E7P, OEM OPTICAL KIT ENCODER
- E8P, OEM OPTICAL KIT ENCODER
- EADAPT, ENCODER SIGNAL CONVERTER
- EDAC2, ENCODER DIGITAL TO ANALOG
- EPOT, VOLTAGE-TO-QUADRATURE OR
- EQUAD, UP/DOWN CLOCK TO
- ESUM, TWO ENCODER TO ONE
- ESWITCH, ENCODER SPEED/POSITION
- ETACH2, HIGH SPEED ENCODER
- LFLS7266R1, 24-BIT DUAL-AXIS
- LFLS7266R1-S, 24-BIT DUAL-AXIS
- MD2S, MICROSTEPPING MOTOR
- PE,LINEAR PROBE ENCODER
- PS-24, REGULATED SWITCHING 24 V
- PS-48, REGULATED SWITCHING 48 V
- PS-5, REGULATED SWITCHING 5 V
- S4, MINIATURE OPTICAL SHAFT
References : http://www.usdigital.com