Analog Converter AW-Lake FAC-R is a remote mount unit that takes an incoming frequency and converts to a linear voltage or current output. This unit will be replacing the FIV/FIA, which is the existing design that has been around since 2002. The new design is RoHS compliant and utilizes surface mount components and a more up-to-date circuit design. In addition, three new features have been added. A linearizer, Bluetooth mobile app, and a computer toolkit to increase customization. Ideal for converting your frequency output to analog with an easy-to-use handheld mobile device.
The basic function of this analog converter is to take an incoming frequency and convert it to both a current and voltage analog output. The analog output is linear with respect to the frequency input with the maximum analog output scaled to a user selectable input frequency. The full input frequency range is 0.25Hz to 5,000Hz. The max output is +2.5% of the selected scaled output to account for overshoot. Error indication will be available in the future in the form of an output that is +10% of max scaled factor.
Analog Converter AW-Lake FAC-R Features:
- Full input frequency range 0.25Hz to 5,000Hz
- Analog output signal defaults to 4-20mA and 0-10V (0-5V, 1-5V & 2-10V available through PC Toolkit or “AWL Mobile Toolkit” mobile app) • Excellent linearity, high temperature stability and long-term stability
- Powered by 10-28VDC
- 16-bit analog output resolution
- Bluetooth enabled for wireless setup from a mobile device
The FAC-R Frequency to Analog Converter is ideal in any application when sending an analog signal to a PLC or other control system. It works with any frequency output sensor, such as flow meters, tachometers, pumps/motors, and linear or rotational encoders.
- Bluetooth: These modules are equipped with Bluetooth for easy trouble-shooting and setup using our “AWL Mobile Toolkit” App.
- Setup Options: Choose from the “AWL Mobile Toolkit” application, the AW-Lake Toolkit PC software, or the local switches on the device to set your parameters.
- Economical: This device is a much better investment than a high-speed PLC counter card and eliminates the need for a multimeter.
- Linearizer: To improve output accuracy with some flow meters which are non-linear, a 10-point linearization table can be utilized through the Bluetooth app.
- Wireless Hand-Held Display: Using the Bluetooth mobile app on your phone, you now have a wireless flow monitor in your hand!
- Streamlined Setup: The Bluetooth app makes setup and scaling much easier, because no longer do you need to walk from the device to your monitoring equipment when fine-tuning your adjustments.
Analog Converter AW-Lake FAC-R Specification:
- Supply Voltage Range: 10-28Vdc
- Input Frequency:
- 0.25Hz to 5KHz
- 5V to 24V max amplitude
- Analog Output Options:
- 4-20mA & 0-10V – Default
- 0-5V, 1-5V & 2-10V – Available through PC Toolkit or “AWL Mobile Toolkit” App
- Standard Max Output: ±2.5% of max scaling (20.5mA/5.125V/10.25V)
- Error Indication: ±10% of max scaling (22mA/5.5V/11V)
- Analog Output Resolution: 16 bit
- Analog Output Update Time: 25m Sec minimum
- Ambient Temperature: -40°F to +185°F (-40°C to +85°C)
Download Data Sheet: Frequency To Analog Converter FAC-R Series