The AC series, A and B type XLR chassis receptacles have been designed and manufactured with the Original Equipment. Manufacturers’ (OEM) needs in mind. The compact shell design allows a significant space-saving over the traditional ‘D’ type shell. Gold plated contacts improve the performance, ensuring reliable contact and the unique grounding link options offer flexibility in design.
- A leading first mate last break socket contact is standard on all-female connectors (Pin 1).
- Vertical and Horizontal PCB versions available.
- Latching and Non-latching versions available.
- A range of different grounding options are available including:
- Mating connector shell to Pin 1
– Mating connector shell to Chassis
– Mating connector shell to pin 1 to Chassis
- A type is available in 3, 4, or 5 contacts.
- B type is available in 3 contacts only.
- Compatible with all other XLR brands.
- Metal Mounting Flange (B type)
- Vertical PCB contacts
- Horizontal PCB contacts
- Precision Machined Pin contacts
- Cost-effective Stamped Socket contacts
- Gold Plated contacts (Standard)
- Silver Plated contacts (Optional)
- Bulk Packaging
- Integrated Switch
STANDARD DATA AC SERIES A AND B TYPE CHASSIS
|GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS||Number of contacts||3||4||5|
|Contact Arrangements (Front view of pin insert)|
|Termination||Printed Circuit Board (PCB)|
|Flammability rating of plastics||UL94V-0|
|Environmental||Complies with EU RoHS 2 Directive 2011/65/EU|
|ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS||Service Voltage RMS||133V1|
|Test Voltage AC RMS||1500V|
|Current carrying capacity||6A||3A|
|Typical Contact Resistance||≤5mΩ|
|Insulation Resistance (initial)||≥2GΩ|
|Insulation Resistance (after damp heat test)||≥1GΩ|
|CLIMATIC CHARACTERISTICS||Protection Class||IP40|
|Operating Temperature||-25˚C to +75˚C (-13°F to +167°F)|
|MECHANICAL CHARACTERISTICS||Weight2||14g (0.030lb)|
|Retention Spring separating force||≥20N|
|Mounting Screw Torque max.||1.5Nm|
|Mechanical Operations||1500 mating cycles|
|Fastening A Type Connectors3||Self-Tapping PT screw with thread 2.9 x 1.06 and of Tri-modular configuration|
|Fastening B Type Connectors3||Self-Tapping screw M2.5|
|MATERIALS||Connector Flange – B-Type||Diecast Zinc Alloy|
|Flange Finish – B-Type||Nickel|
|Insulators||PA6.6+25% glass fiber reinforced, UL94V-0|
|Male Contact Material||Brass|
|Male Contact Plating||0.05µm gold over 2µm nickel|
|Female Contact Material||Bronze|
|Female Contact Plating||0.05µm gold over 2µm nickel|
|Latch lock and Spring||Spring Steel|
|Ground element||Spring Steel|
Download Catalog: Amphenol Connector Catalog