The fiber optic pickup sensor system consists of a FOP 20 or FOP-30 Reluctance Pickup with a Fiber Optic Transmitter, Fiber Optic Cable and OPTV-20 Fiber Optic Receiver. The FOP-20 is in an Explosion Proof Housing for use with HPM, JVM, or JVS series flow meters. The FOP-30 is in an intrinsically safe housing for use with HPM-SLG or JVS-SLG series.
The fiber optic cable coming from the FOP-20 or FOP-30 terminates in the OPTV-20 receiver. This receiver consists of an infrared photo-diode, pulse shaper and an amplifier built into a Potter & Brumfield polycarbonate casing which plugs into an 8 pin Octal style socket. On the top of the module, a red LED is mounted which will blink when a frequency signal is detected at the fiber optic receiver. It is recommended that the unit be mounted to allow operator observation of the LED. The output from the OPTV-20 is a square wave frequency which is proportional to the flow through the flow meter on which the FOP-20 or FOP-30 is mounted. The maximum frequency should not be over 500 Hz. The output from the OPTV-20 is a NPN open collector amplifier with a 1 KΩ pull-up resistor.
The FOP-20 consist of the following stages:
- Pickup coil
- Battery/electronic Module
- Infrared transmitter
Meter Compatibility: Used with JV-CG and JV-KG meters
System Includes: Meter mounted reluctance pickup with a fiber optic transmitter, fiber optic cable and OPTV-20 fiber optic receiver
Four cable lengths: 30′, 45′, 60′ and 100′
- To transmit a safe fiber optic signal. This allows the incorporation of flow meters into fully charged electrostatic paint systems (35 – 120 Kilo Volts.)
- User friendly in respect to initial hookup and maintenance.
- Swivel connector to flow meter for easy installation/removal. (FOP-20 only)
- Single, sealed, extra long life battery and electronic module.
- Simple industrial technology that is easy for maintenance personnel to understand.
- CMOS technology for long battery life.
Download Data Sheet: FOP-20 Fiber Optic Sensor