Greyline Portaflow PT Series Recommended for clean fluids like water, glycol, oil and most chemicals. Sensors can be mounted without shutting down flow and there is no obstruction or pressure drop. The ultrasonic signal travels through all common metal and plastic pipe materials. Flow rate and totalizer are displayed continuously along with battery status, signal strength. Press one key to instantly change the units of flow measurement (e.g. from gallons to liters). Real-time flow can be displayed in large numeric values or as a graph.
Portaflow calibration is easy with the on-screen menu system. Enter the pipe diameter, wall thickness, and pipe material, and the PT400 calculates the optimum mounting method and separation distance for the sensors.
The Portaflow PT Series ultrasonic sensors clamp on the outside of vertical or horizontal pipes. Select a Sensor pair for the range of pipe sizes you will monitor:
- ‘A’ Transducers for 0.51″ to 4.5″ Outside Diameter (13 to 115 mm)
- ‘B’ Transducers for 2” to 39.37” Outside Diameter (50 to 1000 mm)
Calibration parameters can be stored for up to twenty different sites so that operators can recall calibration setups from the Portaflow memory. Use the 5V pulse or 4-20mA output to transmit to external devices like data loggers or recorders.
The PT Series includes ‘A’ or ‘B’ sensor pairs, stainless steel guide rail and mounting clamps, sensor cables, coupling compound and AC charger with a rugged polypropylene carry case. It operates up to 16 hours from internal batteries and recharges overnight.
- Clamp-on Ultrasonic Sensors
- Choose Small Pipe or Large Pipe Sensors
- Internal Battery and/or AC Powered
- Easy Calibration and Set-up
- Flow Proportionate Pulse Output
- 4-20mA Output
Greyline Portaflow PT Series Specifications
- Have an accuracy of ±2% of reading in most clean fluid applications. Have repeatability of ±0.5%.
- Operate on clean liquids in full pipes with less than 2% solids or gas bubbles.
- Operate on any sonic conducting pipe material such as carbon steel, stainless steel, galvanized steel, mild steel, copper, UPVC, PVDF, glass, brass and including pipes with bonded liners of epoxy, rubber or cement.
- Operate on AC/DC power. Include an internal NiMH rechargeable battery with capacity for 16 hours continuous battery operation. Recharge and operate with a power input of 100-260VAC 50-60Hz.
More Information: Brochure Portaflow PT400