Hoffer Teflon Series Turbine Flow Meters are supplied with PTFE for all wetted parts manufactured from blue-dyed Teflon® with the exception of the shaft which is normally manufactured from poly-ether-ether-ketone (PEEK) and the bearing and thrust washers which are a PEEK/PTFE blend. Please confirm PEEK is compatible with the intended service fluid. Other options are available.
Magnets are embedded in Teflon® blades of rotor assembly. Within the Hoffer turbine flowmeter, the flowing media engages a vaned rotor causing it to rotate at an angular velocity proportional to flow rate. The pickup coil senses the spinning motion of the rotor through the housing and converts it into a pulsing electrical signal. Summation of the pulsing electrical signal relates directly to the total flow, while the frequency is linearly related to flow rate.
Available with flanged end fittings including RF per ANSI and DIN types. Size selections available are ¼” to 3″. The Teflon® Series offers a linearity of ±1% of reading and a repeatability of ±0.1% of reading. The temperature rating on the Teflon® Series is 35ºF minimum and 125ºF maximum. Maximum pressure is 300 PSIG.
Hoffer Teflon Series Features
- Recommended for corrosive service and ultrapure water flow applications.
- Suitable for clean liquid service at one centistoke.
- Flow rate capability from 0.35 to 485 GPM, (¼” through 3″ sizes).
- Provides frequency output.
- Mates with RF flanges per ANSI or DIN flanges.
- Linearity: ±1%.
- Repeatability: ±.1%.
- For customers measuring the flow of corrosive liquids, ultrapure water and chemical applications.
Hoffer Teflon Series Specifications
- Linearity: ±1% of reading over linear flow range.
- Repeatability: ±0.1 of reading over repeatable flow range.
- Temperature & Pressure Limitations:
35ºF minimum and 125ºF maximum temperature range acceptable.
300 PSIG pressure limitation.
- Pressure Drop: Less than 4 PSI at maximum linear flow rate.
- Output: 20 mV RMS or greater into a 10 K ohm load at a minimum flow rate.
NOTE: A complete line of flowmeter signal conditioners (preamplifiers) and flow computers are available. Consult with the applications group at Hoffer for additional information.
Download Datasheet : Hoffer Teflon Series Turbine Flow Meters for Corrosive Service
Reference : hofferflow.com