McCROMETER SPI Mag Electromagnetic Flow Meter is a hot tappable single point insertion flow meter for measuring forward flow. The sensor is available for oneinch or two-inch taps, depending upon line size and application.
The SPI Mag is a cost effective flow meter solution with a purchase price that is independent of line size making the cost to meter a sixty-inch line the same as a two-inch. The SPI Mag’s hot tap installation allows for uninterrupted service as it installs without system shut-down, de-watering lines, cutting pipe or welding flanges. Installation costs are reduced by eliminating the need for heavy equipment or extensive manpower. The SPI can be easily re-located to various line sizes.
Table of Contents
- 1 McCROMETER SPI Mag Features Typical Water Applications
- 1.1 Benefits
- 1.2 Specifications SPI Mag Model 282L Flow Measurement
- 1.3 Flow Measurement
- 1.4 Materials
- 1.5 Environmental Ranges
- 1.6 Electrical Connections
- 1.7 IP Rating
- 1.8 Insertion Tube
- 1.9 System Options
- 1.10 Procomm Converters Power Source
- 1.11 McCROMETER SPI Standard Outputs
- 1.12 Optional Outputs
- 1.13 Galvanic Isolation
- 1.14 Conductivity
- 1.15 Electrical Connections
- 1.16 Sensor Cable Lengths
- 1.17 IP Rating
- 1.18 System Options
- 1.19 Temperature Range
- 1.20 Converter Dimensions
- 1.21 Keypad and Display
McCROMETER SPI Mag Features Typical Water Applications
- Wastewater : (2” only)
– Waste Activated Sludge (WAS)
– Return Activated Sludge (RAS)
– Reclaim / Recycle
- Clean Water : (1” or 2”)
– Raw Water Intake
– Clear Wells
- Easy to relocate to various line sizes
- Ease of hot-tap installation
- Installs without service interruption
- Insertion design for total accessibility
- Price is independent of line size
- No moving parts
- Does not require recalibration in the field
Specifications SPI Mag Model 282L Flow Measurement
- Volumetric flow in filled flow conduits 2” (50mm) to 96” (2,440 mm) diameter utilizing insertable velocity sensor. 1” meter = 2” to 30” pipe I.D.; 2” meter = 6” to 96” pipe I.D.
- Flow indication in English Standard or Metric units
- Method : Electromagnetic
- Accuracy : ±2% of reading ±0.03 ft/s (±0.009 m/s) zero stability from 0.3 to 32 ft/s (0.09 to 10 m/s) velocity range
- Velocity range : +0.3 to +32 ft/s (+0.09 to +10 m/s)
- Direction measurement : Has reverse flow indication
- Sensor : Polyurethane exposed to flow
- 2” sensor mounting : PVC and Stainless Steel exposed to flow. (Stainless Steel Insertion Tube Optional)
- Compression seal : Buna “N” O-Ring seal exposed to flow
- Pressure/temperature limits
– PVC Insertion Tube: Up to 105°F (41°C) at 150 PSI
– Stainless Steel Insertion Tube: Up to 160°F (71°C) at 250 PSI (McCrometer recommends the use of Stainless Steel).
Compression gland seals for 0.125” to 0.375” dia. round cable
IP68 submersible sensor
To determine insertion tube length for typical near wall installations, divide the pipe I.D. by 8 and add 18”. For full profiles, add 18” to the pipe I.D. Tube assemblies include rods and mounting hardware.
- 1” tube
– Stainless steel tube, 12” length. Will profile 4” pipe I.D.
– Stainless steel tube, 24” length. Will profile 16” pipe I.D.
– Stainless steel tube, 36” length. Will profile 28” pipe I.D.
- 2” tube
– PVC tube, 18” length. Will profile a 10” pipe I.D.
– PVC tube, 24” length. Will profile a 16” pipe I.D.
– PVC tube, 30” length. Will profile a 22” pipe I.D.
– Opt.: stainless steel tube. Specify length – 65” maximum
- Stainless Steel ID Tag
- Sensor Insertion Tool
- Additional Sensor Cable up to 200’ (for longer lengths consult factory)
Procomm Converters Power Source
- AC 100-240 VAC / 45-66 Hz (10 W)
- DC 10-35 VDC (10 W)
McCROMETER SPI Standard Outputs
Dual 4-20mA Outputs: Galvanically isolated and fully programmable for zero and full scale (0-21mA rangeability). Two separate digital programmable outputs: open collector transistor usable for pulse, frequency, or alarm settings.
- Volumetric Pulse
- Flow Rate (Frequency)
- Hardware Alarm
- High/Low Flow Alarms
- Empty Pipe
- Directional Indication
- Range Indication
- Maximum switching voltage : 40 VDC
- Maximum switching current : 100mA
- Maximum switching frequency : 1250 Hz
- Insulation from other secondary circuits : 500V
- Smart Output™ (Sensus, Itron 6, Itron 9)
- Built-in verification
- All inputs / outputs are galvanically isolated from power supply up to 500 V
- Minimum conductivity of 5µS/cm
- Connection options :
– Compression gland seals for 0.24” to 0.47” diameter round cable
– Conduit option: 1/2” NPT threaded connections
Sensor Cable Lengths
- Standard 25’ McCrometer supplied submersible cable with each remote mount unit.
- Optional Up to 200 feet, or 25 feet max for battery powered.
- IP67 Die cast aluminum converter (only when connected using compression gland seals)
- DC power
- Additional sensor cable up to 200’
- Extension to hardware clearance
- Annual verification / calibration
- Stainless steel ID tag
- Operating and storage -20° to 60° C (-4° to 140° F)
- Height: 6.9” (17.5 cm)
- Width: 7.2” (18.25 cm)
- Depth: 6.2” (15.7 cm)
Keypad and Display
- Can be used to access and change set-up parameters using six membrane keys and an LCD display.
Download Datasheet: McCROMETER SPI Mag Electromagnetic Flow Meter with Procomm Converters