The QuadraTherm® 640i is the most accurate insertion-probe thermal mass flow meter for air / gas mass flow rate measurement on the market today, achieving gas mass flow rate accuracy never before possible, +/- 0.75% of reading above 50% of full scale. The QuadraTherm 640i air / gas mass flow meter marks an accuracy breakthrough in thermal dispersion technology achieving extreme precision with “percent of reading” accuracy, which for the first time rivals accuracies of Coriolis technology for measuring mass air flow rate and other gases.
Each QuadraTherm thermal flow meter comes with onboard qMix(tm) gas mixing software which allows you to create custom gas mixtures in the field to compensate for gas compositional changes-no costly recalibration needed. Perfect for managing changes in flare gas composition in the field for upstream oil & gas flare gas measuring applications and other applications in which gas composition frequently changes. Sierra’s new breakthrough QuadraTherm® qMix RealTime Flare Measurement System (FMS) delivers real-time flare gas flow measurement to accurately measure flows down to 0.1 fps, meeting the full range of EPA regulations.
The QuadraTherm thermal mass flow meter is also ideal for compliance for Boiler MACT regulations for inlet fuel measurements for area source boilers (40 CFR 63, subpart JJJJJJ) and for major source boilers (40 CFR 63, subpart DDDDD).
The QuadraTherm air mass flow meter features a patented four-sensor design—three precision platinum temperature sensors and one patented DrySense mass velocity sensor. This allows for precision air and gas flow measurement. Available in either an insertion version or inline version, this mass flow meter includes Sierra’s proprietary Raptor OS operating system.
QuadraTherm’s four-sensor technology provides the critical inputs for Raptor’s living, learning algorithm set and gas database that accurately manages changes in gas and pipe selection, gas temperature, gas pressure and outside temperature. Also easily change gas composition in the field while retaining accuracy with qMix software.
- Accuracy: +/- 0.75% of reading above 50% of full scale*
- Repeatability: +/- 0.15% of full scale
- Flow range 0 to 60,000 sfpm (0 to 305 smps)
- Turndown 100:1
- Measure all inert gases and all non-condensing clean gases
- Flammable gases: methane, propane, hydrogen, digester gas, natural gas
- Corrosive gases compatible with 316L stainless steel
- Gas/ambient temperature: -40°F to 392°F (-40°C to 200°C)
- 1-inch (25.4 mm) diameter protective sensor shield option for improved sensor protection.
- Response time is three seconds to achieve 63% (one time constant) of final value
- Power supply: 100 to 240 VAC (0.4 Amps RMS at 230 VAC); 24 VDC +/- 10%, 1 Amp
- 316 stainless steel construction
- Output signals: RS-232, 4 to 20 mA flow, 4 to 20 mA temperature, 4 to 20 mA pressure (optional)
- Alarm output (contact SPST/opto relays)
- User definable pulse output for totalized flow
- Digital communications: Foundation Fieldbus, HART, Modbus RTU, and Profibus DP
- Hazardous-Area Location Enclosure (IP66)
- cFMus–Explosion proof for Class I, Div I, Groups B,C,D
- GOST R
- Chinese Pattern
- CE–European Conformity