Rotameters also known as “Sight Glass” Variable Area (VA) meters, are used across nearly every industry where economical gas flow metering and flow regulation is required. Rotameters are volumetric flow meters and only capture the gas flow volume, not gas mass flow rate. All volumetric flow meters and regulators are sensitive to gas pressure and temperature changes —a pressure change of just 1 Bar generates flow rate error of up to 50%.
We designed our RedyCompact to be the ultimate alternative. A true thermal mass flow meter, RedyCompact is for those that want the highest accuracy and repeatability and need a drop-in replacement for a Rotameter.
Battery powered, with a large touch-screen, RedyCompact is easy to read from a distance. Regulate flow rate with the highresolution valve by dialing in your manual setpoint. Two standard AA batteries give the meter months of operation. An optional Micro-USB power plug is also available. utilizing an advanced, ultra-stable no-drift CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) sensor.
The use of MEMS techniques allows both electronic circuits and mechanical devices to be manufactured on a silicon chip, similar to the process used for integrated circuits.
- Burner control (furnace construction)
- Welding (welding gas monitoring)
- Leak measurements (quality, environment)
- Coating (equipment construction)
- Regulation of gaseous atmospheres (biotechnology)
- Measurement of gas consumption (hospitals)
- Test equipment (production maintenance)
- Flow rate monitoring (laboratories)
- Cutting (steel sheets)
- Analytical equipment
- Aeration / sparging (food products, ice cream / edible oils)
- Blanketing (food)
- Fermentation (food, biotechnology, pharma)
- Air, O2*, N2*, He, Ar, CO2, H2, CH4, C3H8 (other gases and gas mixtures on request)
- Accuracy of ± 2.0% of full scale; ranges > 200 SLPM ± 3.0% of full scale
- High Accuracy ± 1.0% of full scale up to 50 SLPM
- Repeatability ± 0.5% of full scale
- Flow ranges from 0 to 500 slpm (nlpm)
- Pressure 3 – 160 psia (0.2 – 11 bara)
- Gas/ambient temperature 32 – 122°F (0 – 50°C)
- Max. 300 msec (depending on filter settings)
- External power +8…30 Vdc (power consumption max. 300mA) or Micro-USB power supply (DIN 62684) Operation
- FKM, optional EPDM (FDA) Pressure
- stainless steel or aluminum construction
- CE approved
Reference : sierrainstruments.com