Ultrasonic water meters FLOMIC FL5024 and FL5044
The battery-powered FLOMIC FL5024 and FLOMIC FL5044 ultrasonic water meters are intended for operational and invoicing measurements of instantaneous flow rate, pressure and consumption in water piping in observance of standard EN 14154 in waterworks, water distribution systems and other industrial applications.
These water meters are of a compact design with the IP 68 protection class. They are characterized by high measurement accuracy and long-term stability over a wide range of measured values. The meters do not need any external power supply, do not include any moving parts and, have significantly lower hydraulic losses.
The technical parameters and other features of the FLOMIC water meters make them suitable not only for water consumption measurements but also for water-leak tracking and monitoring of the general condition of water-supply networks, where the meter output signals can be connected via data transfer systems to remote computer control stations.
The measurement method utilized by these meters is a single-beam (FL5024) or dual-beam (FL5044) transit-time pulse method based on the evaluation of the time needed for an ultrasonic signal to cross the distance between two measuring transductors. In the standard version, the meter measures instantaneous flow rate (in m3/hour) and the total volume of water passed through the meter (in m3) in the given flow direction. The measured data are converted into passive pulse output signals.
OPTIONAL METER ACCESSORIES:
- The bi-directional flow rate and volume measurements with the visual and electronic indication of the actual flow rate direction.
- Measurement and display of instantaneous water pressure values within the range of 1 to 16 bar.
- Using a passive current output signal 4 to 20 mA, monitoring the instantaneous flow rate or flow pressure values.
- Measured data storage with a user-selectable sampling period of 1 minute to 1 year.
- Actual and stored data reading via the USB or RS 232 interface.
- Connection to a remote data transfer system by means of a GSM module.
- Use of alternative measurement units (Gal/min, or liter/sec).
- Application of the meter within drinking-water supply systems.
- Power supply via the 4 to 20 mA current line.
|usage||measurement of the total volume of the water passed through and instantaneous flow rate and pressure|
|the principle of the measurement||transit-time|
|type||– one beam (1B – FL5024) or dual beam (2B – FL5044)
– compact version
|the range of dimension||DN32 to DN200|
|a temperature of a measured fluid||to 50°C|
|pressure||up to 1.6 MPa|
|flow sampling period||1 sec|
|electrical outputs||pulse and current|
|interface||an optical probe, RS 232, GSM module|
|data storage||data archive|
|power source||Li-battery 3.6V, 16Ah, lifetime 6 to 8 years|