Adams Rite 1870 Cylinder-Operated has been the Aluminum Hardware Authority, known for its innovative designs and high-quality products. When the Maximum Security (MS) Lock® launched in 1955, it quickly became the industry standard and even now remains the dominant locking solution for narrow stile aluminum openings.
Today Adams Rite designs, manufactures, and markets door and door hardware products to the commercial, industrial and institutional building construction industry and is recognized as one of the leading suppliers in its area of specialization. Our product lines include electromechanical deadlocks and deadlatches, electric strikes and exit devices for exterior and interior doors as well as integrated door assemblies. Our products are designed to complement the clean lines of modern doors, while at the same time meeting safety and access codes.
With the launch of a variety of new and innovative electrified access control products for aluminum and glass doors, that not only perform beyond expectations but are also aesthetically pleasing in any application, it’s clear that Adams Rite is still a pioneering voice in the industry.
Adams Rite 1870 Cylinder-Operated door locks provide greater key control and are designed to prevent accidental locking of the inactive leaf of paired doors. Available in options for aluminum, hollow metal, and wood swinging doors. Flush pull locksets are available for sliding doors.
Designed for greater key control, the 1870 Cylinder-Operated Flushbolt prevents accidental locking of the inactive leaf of narrow stile aluminum paired doors. May be installed to lock at the threshold or at the header.
Function Cylinder-Operated Flushbolt
Designed for use instead of conventional flip-lever-operated flushbolts, 1870 Cylinder-Operated Flushbolts give building management key control of the inactive leaf of paired narrow stile aluminum doors. Prevents casual locking of the inactive leaf by unauthorized persons. Uses the same basic over-center action mechanism as MS® pivoted bolt deadlocks. Recommended for installation at both top and bottom of the inactive door with MS1850S MS Deadlock in the active door for greatest security. May be installed to lock at the threshold or at the header.
Adams Rite 1870 Cylinder-Operated Operation
360° turn of key throws or retracts the hex-section bolt. The Key can be removed only when the bolt is in a positively locked or unlocked position. Lock accepts any standard1″ [25.4 mm] length, 1-5/32″ [29.4 mm] diameter mortise cylinder with MS® cam such as the 4036 Mortise Cylinder or thumbturn such as the 4066Thumbturn, available separately. Lock accepts cylinder from either or both sides.
- Cylinder Backset: 31/32″ [24.6 mm] or 1-1/8″ [28.6 mm] only.
- Cylinder Height: Standard length (cylinder center to retracted bolt tip) is 12″ [304.8 mm] with ± 1-1/4″ [31.8mm] adjustment. Please contact the factory for other lengths available by special order.
- Case: Steel with corrosion-resistant plating. Measures 1″ x 6″ x depth [25.4 mm x152.4 mm x depth]. Depth varies by backset.
- Bolt: Stainless steel. Hexagonal 3/8″ [9.5 mm] flat to flat, with 11/16″ [17.5 mm] throw.
- Strike: 1/2″ [12.7 mm] diameter hole in metal threshold or header is suitable. For wood thresholds, 4005 Strike is available separately.
- Faceplate: Measures 1″ x 6-7/8″ [25.4 mm x 174.6 mm]. Available in a choice of 313 Dark bronze anodized, 335 Black anodized, 628 Clear anodized.
- Standard Package: Flushlock mechanism boxed with actuator arm attached, rod/bolt assembly unattached. Stainless steel bolt guide, mounting screws, and installation instructions included. The cylinder is available separately.
- Shipping Weight: 1-1/4 lbs [.57 kg].
Download Catalogue: Adams Rite 1870 Series Cylinder-Operated Flushbolt