Dwyer V8 Flotect Model Vane Operated Flow Switch is simple and dependable. In most applications, the switch is normally off while there is sufficient flow of liquid or air. When flow stops, the vane spring moves the vane, actuating a single pole double throw switch rated 5A @ 120/250 VAC to start or stop motor, pump, engine, etc. Operate a damper or valve; shut down a burner or actuate an alarm or signal, protecting unattended equipment from damage or loss of production. Dimensional Information
The V8 Flotect® Flow Switch has a leak proof body and vane constructed of tough durable polyphenylene sulfide (equivalent to RYTON®) which has excellent chemical resistance. The full size trimmable vane is provided with molded-in graduations allowing for installation in a 1 inch through 6 inch pipe. Operating pressures are up to 150 psig (10 bar) and temperatures to 212°F (100°C).
The V8 flow switch can be used in various chemical processes, industrial systems and similar applications where process conditions are compatible with polyphenylene sulfide, ceramic 8 and 316SS. The V8 Flotect® flow switch is UL recognized as an industrial motor controller per UL standard 508, suitable for mounting in a protected environment.
Dwyer V8 Flotect Model Vane Applications
Applications are chemical processing, air conditioning, refrigeration, heating systems, cooling lines, machinery, liquid transfer systems, water treatment, food processing, and machine tools. Also, other applications compatible with the materials of construction.
Dwyer V8 Flotect Model Vane Specifications
- Maximum Temperature: 212°F (100°C)
- Maximum Pressure: 150 psig (10.3 bar)
- Process Connection: 1″ NPTM
- Switch Type: SPDT snap acting
- Electrical Rating: 5A @ 125/250 VAC
- Wire Leads: 18 AWGx18″ (45.7 cm)
- Overall Length: 9.375 in. (23.8 cm)
- Switch Body: Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS)
- Wetted Materials: Polyphenylene sulfide, ceramic 8 magnet, 316SS
- Vane: Field trimmable
- Installation: Install with index arrow pointing in direction of flow
- Weight: 4.5 ounces (128 grams)
|Cold Water Flow Rates||Air Flow Rates|
|Approx. Actuation/Deactuation||Approx. Actuation/Deactuation|
|Pipe Size||GPM||LPM||Pipe Size||SCFM||NM3/H|
|Model Number||Pipe Size|
|V8||Field Trimmable for 1 to 6 Inch Pipe|
|V8-WP||Field Trimmable for 1 to 6 Inch Pipe, with Weatherproof Enclosure|
- Gold Plated Contacts, for dry circuits. Rated 1A @ 125 VAC; 1A resistive, 0.5A inductive @ 30 VDC. To order add suffix -MV. Example: V8-MV.
- Inconel® Option. Inconel® replaces standard 316 SS wetted parts. Wetted parts are Inconel®, ceramic 8, and Polyphenylene Sulfide. To order add suffix -INC. Example: V8-INC.
- Weatherproof Enclosure. Optional housing is aluminum and provides weatherproof protection for electrical wiring. To order add suffix -WP. Example: V8-WP.
Reference : nciweb.com