Kobold BGN Variable Area Flow Meter from bottom to top through the meter tube of the flowmeter. The float is lifted until an annular gap between the meter ring and the cone-shaped float is produced which corresponds to the flow. The forces acting on the float are in equilibrium.
The forces that are mainly acting on the float comprise buoyancy according to the principle of Archimedes, the flow force of the medium and the weight force. Each position of the float corresponds to a flow value measured during calibration, which is transferred to a scale. The BGN variable area flowmeter consists of a meter tube with connections, a meter ring, and a conical float.
By means of a magnet, the position of the float is transferred to an encapsulated follow magnet, which has been fitted to a pointer axle. The position of a second annular follow magnet fitted on the pointer axle is transferred to the scale by means of the pointer.
Kobold BGN Variable Area Flow Meter Applications
The KOBOLD-BGN meter is suitable for flow measurement of liquid or gaseous products in pipes. It shows the current flow rate in volume or mass per unit in time.
Flow measurement, monitoring, adjusting and control of liquid and gaseous products. The meter’s design makes it ideal for processes under difficult and rough operating conditions. The devices are available with additional electrical equipment for process monitoring and control.
- A large spectrum of wetted materials
- Magneto-resistive signal transmission
- Gas- or liquid damping (option)
- Special design for high-pressure and high-temperature applications
- Excellent heat tracing technology (option)
- Double eddy current damping (special version)
- Self draining (special version)
- Backflow stop (special version)
- Flow Controller (special version)
Kobold BGN Variable Area Flow Meter Technical Details
- Wetted parts: st. st. 1.4404 (316 L) / 1.4571 (316 Ti), Hastelloy® C-22/C4, PTFE
other materials on request
- Process connection: Flanges acc. EN 1092-1 ASME B16.5, DIN 2512, JIS, NPT, screw pipe
connection, special connections on request
- Nominal pressure: PN 40, ASME Cl150 / 300 (standard) (BGN-S/H) PN 16, ASME Cl150 (standard) (BGN-P) higher pressure rates optional (max. 600 bar)
- Process temperature:
(BGN-S/H without electr. output)
(BGN-S/H with electr. output)
(BGN-S/H with option V/ H / W)
- Ambient temperature: -40°C …+80°C
±1.6% of full scale (BGN-S/H)
±2.0% of full scale (BGN-P)
±1.8% of full scale (BGN-S/H)
±2.2% of full scale (BGN-P)
- Additional inaccuracy through transmitter (ES): ±0.2%
- Repeatability: ±0.5% of full scale
IP 65 (aluminium housing)
IP 67 (stainless steel housing)
- Explosion protection: BVS 03 ATEX H/B 112
- CE-Marking: Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/Eg
Download Datasheet: Kobold BGN Variable Area Flowmeter
Reference : kobold.com