Designed in the mid-1970s and developed over subsequent years, the Performance Series switch range offers users the broadest range of options, the highest levels of set-point repeatability and the confidence of long term performance that a mature product such as this can prove.
The Performance Series pressure switches utilise bellows or bourdon tube type sensors that offer a very linear response to pressure change. These sensors, coupled with a precision stainless steel mechanism designed to minimise friction in the moving parts, helps deliver the market leading performance customers have come to expect from the series.
Pressure Switch 203 Series:
- Ranges available up to 75 Bar (1,000 psi)
- Weatherproof IP66 enclosures in zinc alloy or stainless steel
- ATEX and IECEx Ex d Flameproof models available
- Environmentally and Hermetically sealed switch options
- Set-point adjustable over the full range against a calibrated scale with tamperproof adjuster
Better than 0.5% set-point repeatability
Users can expect a set-point repeatability performance better than 0.5% on all configurations with some configurations being significantly better
Extensive range of options
The Performance Series switches are available with an extensive range of materials, process connections, switch types, electrical entries, etc and offer customers many millions of different possible configurations.
More than 35 years experience in the field
Installed in a wide range of applications from nuclear power plants to offshore oil rigs, the Performance Series’ long experience in the field offers customers the reassurance that they can be relied upon to survive the test of time in the harshest environments.
All Performance Series models come with a safety vent to prevent the enclosure becoming pressurized in the event that the sensor is inadvertently damaged by excessive pressure
- Precision stainless steel mechanism for arduous atmospheres and high humidity.
- Set point adjustable over whole range against calibrated scale with tamperproof adjuster.
- Weatherproof and Flameproof models ATEX and IECEx.
- Safety vented or blow out device as standard.
- NACE MR-01-75 compatibility.
- Hermetically sealed microswitch option.
- Models for fixed switching differential, adjustable differential and HI-LO operation.
- Precise and accurate operation guaranteed by use of hydraulic formed bellows, or capsule stack.
- Ranges available up to 75 bar (1,000 psi). Static pressure up to 100 bar (1,400 psi).
The 203 Performance Series is suitable for a wide range of applications in:
- Oil & Gas
- Food Industry
The choice of models available ensures that the 203 Performance Series is suitable for use in:
- Corrosive atmospheres
- Resistant to chemical attack
Accuracy: Set point repeatability ± 0.5% of span at 20°C / 68°F ambient.
Scale accuracy: ± 2% of full scale.
Storage Temperature: -25 to +60°C / -13 to +140°F
Ambient Temperature: -25 to +60°C / -13 to +140°F. Special build is also available for temperatures down to -60°C (-76°F)
Maximum Process Temperature: Whilst component parts can withstand 60°C (140°F), process temperatures up
to +120°C (+248°F) are subject to appropriate installation practice.
Maximum Enclosure Temperature: Instrument has not been tested regarding maximum temperature with respect to dust layer above 50 mm. Therefore product is not suitable for operating under excess layer of dust.
Enclosure classification: IP66 / NEMA 4X / Flameproof Ex d
- SPDT or DPDT snap action microswitch (standard)
- Hermetically sealed (optional)
Process Connection: Rc 1/4 (BSP), 1/4 NPT Internal, 1/2 NPT Internal & 1/2 NPT External
- Enclosures: “W & N” 3.1kg/6.8lb; “A & O” 3.9kg/8.6lb; “H” 4.6kg/10.2lb;
- Performance Series Models: 201, 202, 203 & 281 “K” 9.4kg/20.7lb.
Download Data Sheet: Pressure Switch 203 Series