Cavotec MC 3-5 Radio Remote Control is a safe, easy, and customizable radio remote control made by Cavotec for general industry, mining, off-shore use. Cavotec wants to contribute to a future world that is cleaner, safer and more efficient by providing innovative connection solutions for ships, aircraft and mobile equipment today. For more than 30 years, Cavotec has engineered advanced radio remote control systems in close co-operation with customers worldwide.
Cavotec MC 3-5 Features
- Digital and analog functions.
- Suitable for the harshest of environments.
- High mechanical and chemical resistance due to moulded housing design.
- Ergonomically designed for all types of long-distance operations.
- Operator terminal layouts are configured according to application and customer requirements:
- Can be fitted with analog or digital joysticks, push-buttons toggle switches and rotary switches.
- Safety features with start-stop push-button, On/Off switch. According to PLd and SIL3
- Optional: LEDs graphical displays and cable back-up.
- Cranes (overhead, portal, tower, loading arms, hydraulic, L.A.R.S), ship davits.
- Off shore: oil skimmers, drilling rigs, catwalks, raiser chute, roughneck, BOP, ROV systems, pipe handlers, A-frames.
- General industry: forestry winches, recovery vehicles, concrete pumps, conveyor belts, fire fighting systems, fuelling systems, theater and stage equipment.
- Mining: drag lines, shovels, stackers, reclaimers, overhead cranes, crushers.
Cavotec MC 3-5 Specifications
- Complete operational control with unique signal encoding prevents unintended movements.
- Activity check on start up to guarantee safe operations.
- Stop relay activation in only 50 mS.
- Digital and analogue feedback.
- Redundant radio solution.
- License free frequency with low power outputs.
- PLC functionality for interlocking, sequencing and timing functions programmed directly without additional hardware.
- The MC-IRX receiver unit is highly flexible as it can have multiple digital and analogue inputs and outputs.
- Easy use with direct connections to most available fieldbus systems: ProfiBus, ModBus RTU, CANopen, Device Net, ModBus Plus, ModBus TCP, Ethernet IP.
- Back up solution with cable connection for programming and control.
- Multiple terminal and/or multiple receiver unit systems possible, e.g. for tandem operation.
- Digital functions : Depending on functionality
- Analogue functions : Depending on functionality
- LED : White, Yellow, Green, Red, Blue
- Display : Character display or graphical display
- Battery : Rechargeable 7.2 V 1700 mAh Li-Ion
- Battery charger : 12-24 VDC, 110-230 VAC
- Operating time : Typical 20 hours, depending on configuration & temperature
- Dimensions : 230 x 175 x 160 mm (9,05 x 6,88 x 6,29 inch) & 330 x 220 x 200 mm (12,99 x 8,66 x 7,87 inch)
- Weight : 1.5 kg – 3.5 kg (depending on configuration)
- IP : IP65 standard, IP66 optional
- Temperature : -25°C to +60°C, -13°F to 140°F
- Operating distance : Approx. 200 m line of sight
- Frequency : According to local authority guidelines
Approvals & Standards
Cavotec radio remote control systems comply with a variety of international rules and regulations. All systems are CE-marked and can be used with our FCC Part 90 approved radio. The systems are designed in accordance with the Machinery Directive and comply with IEC 60204 and ISO 13849. In addition, we have a wide range of compliant radios that can be used in type approvals of systems for specific countries worldwide.
Download Datasheet : Cavotec MC 3-5 Radio Remote ControlRefrence : cavotec.com