Cavotec MC 3300EX Radio Remote controls are advanced systems for ports & maritime, mining & tunneling and other hazardous industrial applications. Cavotec wants to contribute to a future world that is cleaner, safer, and more efficient by providing innovative connection solutions for ships, aircraft, and mobile equipment today.
For more than 30 years, Cavotec has engineered advanced radio remote control systems in close co-operation with customers worldwide.
Cavotec MC 3300EX Benefits
- Engineered to global standards, MC-3200/MC-3300 EX radio remote control systems are ATEX and IECEx tested, approved by Norwegian certification body NEMKO, and have INMETRO and EAC certifications.
- Simplex and duplex communication compatible.
- Up to 32 digital and 13 analog functions.
- Units enable operators to receive messages, set alarms, and receive status indications.
- Entirely EX functional, our receiver units can be fitted with serial interface or industry-standard analog and digital I/O, and installed with EX-approved enclosures.
- Long-lifetime rechargeable batteries can be replaced within EX zones.
- Operator terminal layouts are configured according to application and customer requirements
- Fitted with analog or digital joysticks, push buttons, toggle switches, and rotary switches.
- Safety features with start-stop push-button, On/Off switch, according to PLd and SIL3
- Optional: LEDs and displays for feedback information, cable back up
- Oil skimmers and oil recovery systems.
- Land-based drilling rigs, oil and gas platforms, offshore cranes and winches, oil skimmers, petro
- chemical plants.
- Coal mining machines, underground mining equipment.
Cavotec MC 3300EX Specifications
Terminal MC-3200/MC-3300 EX
- Complete operational control with unique signal encoding prevents unintended operations.
- Activity check on startup to prevent unintended operations.
- Stop relay activation in 50 mS.
- License exempt frequency with low power outputs; European ISM bandwidth 418-870 MHz (other frequencies available on request).
- Digital and analog feedback.
- PLC functionality for interlocking, sequencing, and timing functions programmed directly without additional hardware.
- The MC-IRX receiver unit is highly flexible as it can have multiple digital and analog inputs and outputs.
- Easy use with direct connections to most available Fieldbus systems: ProfiBus, Modbus RTU,
- CANopen, Device Net, Mod bus Plus, Mod bus TCP, Ethernet IP.
- Back-up solution with cable connection for programming and control.
- Multiple terminal and/or multiple receiver unit systems possible, e.g. for tandem operation.
- MC-3200/MC3300 EX Terminal: Approved for Ma, Gb, and Db (Mining, Zone 1, ATEX and 21), Gas group IIB and Dust group IIIC, Temperature class T4
- Digital functions: Depending on the configuration
- Analog functions: Depending on the configuration
- LED: Red, Green, Yellow, Blue
- Display: Character display
- Battery: Default battery-package 7,4V / 1100 mAh Li-Ion, intrinsically safe
- Recharge time: 1 hour
- Battery charger : 12-24VDC, 110-230VAC
- Operating time: Approx. 8-12 hours
- Dimensions : 280 x 180 x 180 mm (11,02 x 7,08 x 7,08 inch) & 340 x 230 x 185 mm (13,38 x 9,05 x 7,28 inch)
- Weight: From 2 to 4 kg (4,4 to 8,8 lbs)
- IP: IP65 standard, IP66/67 optional
- Temperature : -30°C to +60°C, -22°F to +140°F
- Operating distance: Approx. 200m line of sight
- Frequency: 418 MHz – 870 MHz
Approvals & Standards
Cavotec radio remote control systems comply with a variety of international rules and regulations. All systems are CE marked and can be used with our FCC Part 90 approved radio. The systems are designed in accordance with the Machinery Directive and comply with IEC 60204 and ISO 13849. In addition, we have a wide range of compliant radios that can be used in type approvals of systems for specific countries worldwide.
Reference : cavotec.com