Table of Contents
E series Flow Rate Indicators Quick & easy: Remote configuration
As you may expect from Fluidwell, we are continuously improving our products. Whether you refer to our up-to-date hazardous area certifications or our constantly growing product portfolio.
Recently we’ve upgraded the Explosion Proof Fluidwell E-Series Indicators, totalizers and flow computers. The upgrade is incorporated for all Fluidwell E-Series products ordered from October 1st, 2019.
There are many explosion-proof flow rate totalizers on the market but only one can simplify your work. We believe that the remote configuration feature in our E-Series can make your job easier! It’s our focus to develop displays for you which combine our known user-friendliness with our high-quality standards.
Why will it make your job easier?
Simply connect your E-Series to your computer, using the special USB cable and open the free downloadable remote configuration software. Actual values can be read and every setting can easily be changed. Even the configuration of multiple products with the same settings is done in a few moments with the “Save” and “Load” configuration buttons.
Every Fluidwell E-Series Explosion Proof Totalizer is configured in a few mouse clicks within a few seconds. That’s why the remote configuration will make your job easier!
What do you need
The remote configuration software can be downloaded for free from our website.
Every E-Series communication option is easily connected to your computer and requires its own specific USB cable assembly:
- Ordernr ACE01 for option CU: USB communication, mini USB at the side entrance.
- Ordernr ACE02 for option CX: No communication, but the remote configuration is possible!
- Ordernr ACE06 for option CH: RS485 Communication
- Ordernr ACE07 for option CB: RS232 Communication
Besides the remote configuration, the software tool has some other benefits for you. When your Fluidwell Flow Rate Indicators E-Series is installed in the field with a Modbus communication option, the actual measurement values can be read easily.
The total can be cleared with a simple mouse-click. When your E-Series also supports data logging, the log file can be extracted and saved to your computer as a.CSV file. Which can be opened and edited in MS Excel.
Whether you want to benefit from its ease of use for remote configuration or you prefer the total control when installing in the field, you’ve got to have a Fluidwell!
Overview of changes and added functionality
- Current day total (daily total), previous day total is added (E110, E112, E115, E126).
Up to 15 historical day totals are stored and can be retrieved.
Current time and contract hour setting added for storing current day totals.
- This function is often used to check once a day what the total quantity has been for 1 day.
For more advanced data logging we recommend the E110, E112 with option ZL.
- Pulse input retransmission (unscaled pulse output) added (E018, E110, E112, E115, E126).
Well, known scaled pulse output functions remain available.
The digital output can be configured as a scaled output, unscaled output or can be disabled.
- The pulse input retransmission (unscaled pulse output) mode is often used when sine wave input signals (e.g. coil) need to be transmitted as robust square waveforms.
- Infra-red keypad detection and unlock procedure is improved and more user-friendly (E018, E110, E112, E115, E126).
- Display toggle function added (E126)
Temperature and pressure values can be displayed without pressing a key.
- Setting the K-factor decimal point is made easier (E018, E110, E112, E115, E126).
- “Clear total” can be password protected, to prevent operation by unauthorized staff and avoid accidental resets (E018, E110, E112, E115, E126).
- Command register added, to “Clear total” with Modbus Communication (E110, E112, E115, E126).
- Error info added to the Modbus Runtime variables (E110, E112, E115, E126).
- All online available info and documentation are adapted to this E-Series upgrade.
If you want to set up these products with your PC, please download the latest version (3.0) of our Remote Configuration Tool and view the instruction on this webpage.
- read more