Ultrasonic Flow Meter | Water Flow Meter
In-Line Ultrasonic Flow Meter
High Dynamic Response Inline Ultrasonic Flowmeter The model SL3488 inline ultrasonic flowmeter ( here in after referred to as SL3488) is a true state-of-the-art transit-time flowmeter designed using PICOFLY technology and 0.01 nanosecond (10 picoseconds) resolution; the flow sample rate achieved is 256 discrete flow measurements per second, which provides a true high dynamic response flowmeter. This makes this meter for rapid on/off or pulsating flow applications.
- Super Low Flow Rate Measuring
- The high dynamic response, real-time flow change trac
- High reliability
- Long-term stability
- Menu-driven operation (no instructions needed)
- High accuracy: 0.5 % of measurement
- Highly stable zero
- PC enclosure (water and corrosion-proof)
SL3488 is designed using the latest digital technology. This meter features high reliability, low maintenance, and no moving parts. Unique digital signal processing and correlation programming from the MPU provides instantaneous meter measurement (no damping needed).
SL3488 has been tested under rigorous field working conditions and has shown steadfast performance, which offers the customer confident worry-free measurement. Compared with other flowmeters and other ultrasonic flowmeters, the SL3488 is characterized by high accuracy, high credibility, superior performance, very rapid response to flow changes, and low cost.
Applications by Industry
- Water supply
- Industrial process water
- Cooling water
SL3488 High Dynamic Response Ultrasonic Flowmeter
- Flow range : 0~7m/s
- Accuracy : 0.5% of reading
- Repeatability : 0.15%
- Output: OCT pulse output, relay out
- Communication: RS232
- Power supply: 90~245VAC@50/60Hz 12~12VAC@50/60Hz 12~36VDC
- Spool piece dimensions: DN8~DN250
Measurement Site Selection
- SL3488 inline ultrasonic flowmeter is easy and convenient to install. When the measured pipe size is consistent with the spool piece size, you can select a proper measurement site and install the meter which is ready to use.
- When selecting a measurement site, it is important to select an area where the fluid flow profile is fully developed to guarantee a highly accurate measurement. Use the following guidelines to select a proper measurement installation site:
- Choose a section of pipe, which is always full of liquid, such as a vertical pipe with the flow in the upward direction or a full horizontal pipe.
- Generally, it requires at least 10 D (pipe diameters) upstream & 5D (pipe diameters) downstream. If there is a pump, a tee section, a control valve, orifice, expansion joint or another element that could cause flow disturbances, the upstream straight pipe required will be greater than 10D.
- Ensure that the pipe surface temperature at the measuring point is within the transducer temperature limits.