Table of Contents
TX101/201 Water Flow Meter
- Two sizes fit entire pipe range: TX101 to 10″, TX201 to 48″.
- Turbine rotor to optimize minimum flow limits.
- High-quality ruby bearings for long life.
- One easily-replaced moving part.
- Square-wave frequency output can connect directly to PLC’s or counter controls.
- Uses standard NPT threaded pipe fittings or saddles.
- Compatible with all Seametrics controls.
- Bidirectional indication available as an option.
The TX100/200-Series are adjustable depth insertion turbines flow sensors that come in brass or 316 stainless models to fit 3” to 40” pipe. Installation fittings are standard 1-1/2″ (101/201) or 2” (115/215) FNPT. Fittings such as saddles and weldolets may be purchased either locally or from the Seametrics flow meter.
Ruby bearings and a non-drag pickoff give these adjustable insertion turbine flow sensors a wide flow range and long life. A sensor detects the passage of miniature magnets in the rotor blades. The resulting square-wave signal can be sent for hundreds of feet without a transmitter, over unshielded cable. This signal can be connected directly to many PLC’s and other controls without any additional electronics.
If desired, a modular system of electronics can be installed directly on the flow sensor or mounted remotely. The FT415 (battery-powered) or FT420 (loop powered) provides digital rate and total display, as well as a programmable pulse; the FT420 also provides a 4-20 mA analog output. The AO55 is a blind analog (4-20 mA) transmitter. Programmable pulse for pump pacing is available with the PD10.
The “hot-tap” models (TX115/215) can be installed or serviced without shutting down the line by means of a 2” full-port isolation valve that comes with a nipple for installation on the pipe fitting. In most circumstances, no special tool is required.