GPE 31560 Photoelectric Textile Sensor Edge Guide Sensor is designed primarily for use on pin and clip tenter frames. The sensor detects the edge of the material and transmits an electrical signal to the Dynaguide* Electrohydraulic Controller. The hydraulic controller in turn actuates the hydraulic cylinder positioning the center rail.
For sensor operation with the Dynaguide Electro-hydraulic Controller, the Model 33130D Digital Controller (or 33130 Analog Webguide Controller) is required.
Modern process lines contain hundreds of feet of strip moving at high line speeds through narrow roll faces to be wound on enormous coils. Only the most accurate, automatic guiding system can protect such a mill against the product damage and process downtime caused when the strip runs off the rolls.
Built for long life under the toughest possible working conditions, they’re backed up by a large service organization. GPE benefits from years of unparalleled strip guide leadership. Their continued top performance is assured by the broadest, deepest knowledge of strip guiding experience anywhere in the world.
The Model 31560 Edge Guide Sensor (used with Dynaguide) continuously senses the web position with a light beam directed at a cadmium sulfide cell, whose resistance is directly proportional to the amount of light falling on its surface. This resistance varies with the lateral position of the web edge. The change in resistance controls the input signal to the Controller. The electronic controller provides the output (in direct proportion to the lateral edge position of the web) to the Dynaguide Electrohydraulic Controller, which in turn provides hydraulic power to the hydraulic control element.
GPE 31560 Photoelectric Textile Sensor Benefit
- High Sensitivity: Angular light path design detects better than .005″ of lateral web displacement and follows even the sheerest textile
- High Accuracy: Maximum gain over a proportioned range plus high-speed response with stability from a hydraulic controller; provides the most accurate tenter following system available
- Simplified Installation: Pre-wired sensor requires only connection to a controller. Compact size allows installation in confined areas.
- Simple Adjustments: Requires only gain and bias adjustments to match line process requirements.
- Power Input:
– 2.3 VDC, 400 ma from Model 33130D, Digital Controller or Model 33130, Webguide Controller (Option 31560-01)
– 28 VDC, 40 ma from Model 33130D, Digital Controller or 33130 Analog, Webguide Controller (Option 31560-02)
- Input Span: 1/2” lateral web displacements
Photoresistive signal to Webguide Controller.
0-700 microamps short circuit photocell current to Webguide Controller
- Resolution: Infinite
- Sensitivity: Full correction speed with less than .005 inches of lateral web displacement of an opaque material when used in a typical GPE Control System.
- Temperature Range: +10°F to 130°F
- Construction: Aluminum
- Weight: 2 Lbs.
GPE 31560 Photoelectric Textile Sensor Specify
- Model 31560 (Textile) Edge Guide Sensor
- Sensor for use with Model 33130D Digital Controller (or Model 33130 Analog Webguide Controller) *
* Model 33130D Digital Controller and related components must be ordered separately. Model 33130 Webguide Controller is no longer manufactured.
Download Datasheet: GPE 31560 Photoelectric Textile Sensor