B+B SmartWorx SmartFlex by The SmartFlex LTE router provides secure Internet connectivity for devices and LANs via cellular networks. It can be used to provide automatic wireless failover for wired networks, wireless connectivity for devices in remote locations where cable connections are impractical and wireless connectivity for mobile assets.
With upload speeds of up to 50 Mbit/s and download speeds of up to 100 Mbps, the SmartFlex™ provides ample bandwidth, even for applications that require video.
B+B SmartWorx SmartFlex is designed and manufactured for use in tough environmental conditions. Specifications include wide operating temperature ranges from -40 to +75 °C (-20 to +60 °C LTE450 module). It accepts input voltage ranges from 10 V DC to 60 V DC and is equipped with a sleep mode for reducing electrical consumption.
The SmartFlex™ places intelligence out at the network edge with an extremely powerful Cortex A8 CPU at 1GHz, 256 MB flash memory, 512 MB RAM, and 128kB M-RAM, providing full support for LTE speeds and applications. A secure Web interface allows users to configure and manage the SmartFlex from remote locations.
The router can also upgrade its configuration and firmware from the operator’s central server, allowing for simultaneous mass reconfiguration of every router on the network. Users may insert Linux scripts and they can create multiple configurations for the same router. Users may switch from one configuration to another at any time.
B+B SmartWorx SmartFlex can be configured to suit any application. The standard configuration includes 2 Ethernet ports with 2 independent LANs/IP addresses. The standard configuration also includes 1 USB host port, 1 microSD card holder, 2 SIM card holders for automatic failover to an alternate service provider, 2 binary inputs(I/O), 1 binary output (I/O), and onboard GPS.
An optional built-in WiFi module is also available, with industrial-grade operating temperature ranges from -40 to +75 °C (-20 to +60 °C LTE450 module). Further optional boards available: 3x ETH (the router can be configured with up to 5 total Ethernet ports and 3 independent LANs/IP addresses) or ETH – RS232 – RS485 (isolation strength up to 2.5kV) or RS232 – RS485 (isolation strength up to 2.5kV) or RS232.
B+B SmartWorx Smart Hardware supports real-time data encryption and the creation of VPN tunnels using IPsec, OpenVPN, and L2TP. It supports DHCP, NAT, NAT-T, DynDNS, NTP, VRRP, control by SMS, and numerous other functions, as well as additional software like SmartCluster VPN Server and R-SeeNet.
B+B SmartWorx SmartFlex Features
- Powerful CPU and enhanced memory to support high demand customer applications
- Extended operational temperature range from -40 °C to +75 °C
- 10-60 VDC operated with transient and reverse polarity voltage protection
- Flexible Port options, such as 3-port Switch, Ethernet and RS232/422/485 serial ports with isolation
- GPS and GLONASS support
- MicroSD card holder
- Low power consumption mode for solar and battery power applications
- Optional industrial grade WiFi
- PoE PD, PoE PSE, In/Out, USB Host
- Advanced security features
B+B SmartWorx SmartFlex Specifications
- Aggregate data from multiple devices: Serial, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, I/O
- Standard ports include (2) Ethernet, (1) I/0 port, (1) USB port, (2) SIM slots and (1) MicroSD card holder
- Optional ports include additional Ethernet ports and RS-232/422/485 serial ports with isolation
- The router may have up to (5) Ethernet ports (2 Router, 3 Ethernet Switch)
- Optional, industrial-grade Wi-Fi is available
- GPS and GLONASS support
- Plastic or metal enclosure
- PoE models available
- Install our User Modules for specific applications or create your own
- Switch between cellular carriers at a moment’s notice
- Connect Modbus equipment
B+B SmartWorx SmartFlex Powerful
- Full support for LTE
- 256 MB flash memory, 512 MB RAM and 128kB M-RAM
- Upload speeds of up to 50 Mbit/s and download speeds of up to 100 Mbit/s – easily handles video applications
Safe and Secure
- Real-time data encryption and the creation of VPN tunnels using IPsec, OpenVPN and L2TP
- Support for DHCP, NAT, NAT-T, DynDNS, NTP, VRRP, control by SMS and numerous other functions
- APG DCR-1006A Display Controller
- APG Large Digital Panel Meter DDL
- Camsco Electric Automatic Light Control & Photo Electric Controller
- Touch Panel Computer fanless Panel-PC PT-S959SDHX series
- Cavotec MC 3-5 EX Radio Remote Control
- B+B SmartWorx SmartStart
- B+B SmartWorx SmartMotion
- B+B SmartWorx Instruments
- B+B SmartWorx Managed Ethernet Switches
- B+B SmartWorx Unmanaged Ethernet Switches