Cavotec wants to contribute to a future world that is cleaner, safer and more efficient by providing innovative connection solutions for ships, aircraft and mobile equipment today. For more than 30 years, Cavotec has engineered advanced radio remote control systems in close co-operation with customers worldwide.
Cavotec MC 3-5EX Features
- Engineered to global standards, our radio remote control systems are ATEX- and IECEx-tested, and NEMKO-approved.
- Other approvals include INMETRO and EAC.
- Tailormade solutions to meet specific customer requirements.
- Entirely EX functional, our receiver units can be specified with serial interface or industry standard analogue and digital I/O and installed with EX enclosures.
- Long life time rechargeable batteries that can be replaced in EX zones, thereby supporting continuous operations.
- Operator terminal layouts are configured according to application and customer requirements:
- Fitted with analogue or digital joysticks, pushbuttons, toggle switches and rotary switches.
- Safety features with start-stop push-button, On/Off switch. According to PLd and SIL3.
- Optional: LEDs and displays for feedback information, cable back up.
Already in use in the most severe conditions and environments, our radio remote controls are designed
for applications, among others, in the following areas:
- Oil skimmers and oil recovery systems
- Land based drilling rigs, oil and gas platforms, offshore cranes and winches, oil skimmers, petro chemical plant
- Underground mining equipment
Cavotec MC 3-5EX Specifications
Terminal MC-3-5/MC-3-6 EX
- Complete operational control with unique signal encoding prevents unintended operations.
- Activity check on start up to prevent unintended operations.
- Stop relay activation in 50ms/500ms.
- License exempt frequency with low power outputs; European ISM band width 434.050 MHz – 434.775 MHz (other frequencies available on request).
- Redundant radio solution.
- Digital and analogue feedback.
- PLC functionality for interlocking, sequencing and timing functions programmed directly without additional hardware.
- The MC-IRX receiver unit is highly flexible as it can have multiple digital and analogue inputs and outputs.
- Easy use with direct connections to most available fieldbus systems: ProfiBus, ModBus RTU,
- CANopen, Device Net, ModBus Plus, ModBus TCP, Ethernet IP.
- Back up solution with cable connection for programming and control.
- Multiple terminal and/or multiple receiver unit systems possible, e.g. for tandem operation.
Cavotec MC 3-5EX General data
- MC-3-5 EX / MC-3-6 EX Terminal : Approved for Ma, Gb and Db (Mining, Zone 1 and 21), Gas group IIB and Dust group IIIC, Temperature class T4
- Digital functions : Depending on funtionality
- Analogue functions : Depending on funtionality
- LED : Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, White
- Display : Character display
- Battery : Default battery package 7,4V / 1100 mAh Li-Ion, intrinsically safe
- Recharge time : 1 hour
- Battery charger : 12-24VDC, 110-230VAC
- Operating time : Approx. 8-12 hours
- Dimensions : 230 x 175 x 160 mm (9, 05 x 6, 88 x 6, 29 inch) & 330 x 220 x 200 mm (12,99 x 8,66 x 7,87 inch)
- Weight : From 2 to 4 kg (4,4 to 8,8 lbs)
- IP : IP65 standard, IP66 optional
- Temperature range : -30°C to +60°C (-22°F to +140°F)
- Operating distance : Approx. 200m line of sight (650 ft)
- Frequency : 418 MHz – 870 MHz
Approvals & Standards
Cavotec radio remote control systems comply with a variety of international rules and regulations. All systems are CE marked and can be used with our FCC Part 90 approved radio. The systems are designed in accordance with the Machinery Directive and comply with IEC 60204 and ISO 13849. In addition, we have a wide range of compliant radios that can be used in type approvals of systems for specific countries worldwide.
Reference : cavotec.com