Adams Rite UltraLine 74R1/74R2 Electric Strikes offers a rounded range of electric strikes compatible with deadlatches, cylindrical and mortise locksets, and Pullman and Interlocking rim exit devices in aluminum, hollow metal, and wood applications. From basic, cost-efficient Grade 1 electric strikes to the premium preload-capable Ultraline Series and with an extensive range of options and finishes.
74R1 Electric Strike is designed for rim exit devices with 3/4″ [19.1 mm] Pullman latch bolts. For use in aluminum, hollow metal, or wood applications.
74R2 Electric Strike is designed for narrow stile rim exit devices with 1/2″ [12.7 mm] Pullman latch bolts. Designed for use in aluminum applications.
Open electrically under 25 lbs [11.3 kg] of preload. Preload is the pressure exerted on doors by air conditioning systems, warping or misaligned hardware that can disable common electric strikes.
Function of Adams Rite UltraLine 74R1/74R2
These non-handed strikes feature an ultra-compact design and adjustable stainless steel keepers with over 1,500 lbs [680.4 kg] of holding force in fail-secure mode. The strikes release electrically with up to 25 lbs of door preload. The single solenoid operates on 12/16/24 VDC power. Provides electrical remote control, allowing the door to open without actuation of the exit device.
- UL 1034
- UL 294
- ANSI/BHMA A156.18
- ANSI/BHMA A156.31 Electric Strikes and Frame Mounted Actuators, Grade 1
Adams Rite UltraLine 74R1/74R2 Features
74R1: 1-13/32″ x 3-3/8″ x 1-1/16″ deep [35.7 mm x 85.7 mm x 27 mm deep]
74R2: 1-13/32″ x 3-3/8″ x 1-1/8″ deep [35.7 mm x 85.7 mm x 28.6 mm deep]
- Strike Opening: Bolt retaining keeper is stainless steel.
74R1: 5/8″ x 1-7/16″ x 9/16″ deep [15.9 mm x 36.5 mm x 14.3 mm deep]. Strike accepts Pullman latch of exit devices without deadlocking bolts.
74R2: 5/8″ x 1-7/16″ x 1/2″ deep [15.9 mm x 36.5 mm x 12.7 mm deep].
- Faceplate: Not separate
74R1: 1-3/4″ x 9 x 11/16″ [44.5 mm x 228.6 mm x 17.5 mm]
74R2: 1-5/8″ x 9 x 1/2″ [41.3 mm x 228.6 mm x 12.7 mm]
- Latchbolt Projection:
74R1: 3/4″ [19.1 mm]
74R2: 1/2″ [12.7 mm]
- Standard Package: Individually boxed with mounting plate shims, mounting screws, and installation instructions.
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs [0.91 kg].
- Voltage: Field selectable to match power source of 12/24 VDC. VA7400-16 VDC voltage adapter required when using 16 VDC power, available separately. Equipped with a quick connect plug-in type connector.
- Current Draw:
.44A at 12 VDC
.46A at 16 VDC*
.23A at 24 VDC
*Requires 16 DC adapter (P/N VA7400-16VDC)
- Fail-Safe | Fail Secure: Field selectable fail safe/fail secure
- Available with two Form ‘C’ monitoring switches to indicate when the latchbolt is engaged in the strike jaws and a locked/unlocked solenoid status.ELX-ElectroLynx® Adapter: Connects Adams Rite electrified products to ElectroLynx system
- 16 VDC Adapter: VA7400-16VDC required when using 16 VDC power
Download Catalogue: Adams Rite UltraLine® 74R1, 74R2 Electric Strikes