Oeltechnik Element cooler, OELTECHNIK has developed, tested and continuously improved the EKE Element Intercooler product program in response to the need of the compressor industry. Over decades the in-house developed software has been checked against test performance of our equipment.
OELTECHNIK has always taken challenges to extend the applications of the EKE Element Intercooler to serve our innovative customers’ requirements. OELTECHNIK’s products are successfully in use worldwide. Our design and fabrication capabilities are all international design codes and national regulations.
Table of Contents
The EKE Element Intercooler with enhanced surface finds its application where heat has to be transferred from a poor heat conducting fluid (e.g. gas) to a liquid fluid or vice versa. The liquid fluid is placed on the tube side, and the gaseous fluid is on the shell.
The EKE type heat exchanger allows with its enhanced outside tube surface to compensate the poor thermal conductivity of the gas. The gas flow is directed in one pass perpendicular through the enhanced tube bundle.
Even numbers of passes on the tube side are forming a combination cross-flow and counter-flow which allow for temperature approach of 5K.
Capabilities – Range of application:
|Design pressure:||2-90 barg||29-1305 psig|
|Design temperature:||-25 – 200 °C||-13 – 392 °F|
|Minimum flow rate:||~7000 Nm3/h||~4120 scfm|
|Maximum flow rate:||Function of operating pressure and allowable pressure drop|
|Minimum shell diameter:||560 mm||22 inch|
|Maximum shell diameter:||~3500 mm||~138 inch|
Typical fluids :
|Shell side:||Wet air, dry air, Nitrogen, Oxygen, NH3, CO2, CO, CH4 and others|
|Tube side:||Water, Glycol and water glycol solutions|
|Tubes:||90/10 CuNi, 70/30 CuNi, Admiralty, 304 SS, 316 SS, Duplex, Titanium and all other commercial available materials|
|Fin:||Aluminium, CU, Stainless steel, Steel|
|Tube sheets:||Carbon steel, 90/10 CuNi solid, cladded, Stainless steel and all other commercial available plate materials|
|Shell side:||Carbon steel, Stainless steel|
- Lowest pressure drops on gas side due to optimum flow guiding through the shell and the tube bundle of the intercooler. Energy consumption is minimized.
- High flexibility in nozzle arrangement, in- and outlet connections for the gas can be located in a wide range on the shell without limiting the heat transfer performance.
- Internal moisture separation device: For wet gas application the dew point might be reached which creates water knock out. The EKE Intercoolers allow for moisture separation devices inside of the shell.
- Easy bundle removal: with or without the bundle removal device, the EKE Intercooler Bundle can be removed and inserted readily. Two stainless steel angle iron guide the brass roller pairs installed along the two lower edges of the bundle.
- Stainless steel Y-seals with highest performance: A multiple layer stainless steel Y-shaped seal separates the hot and cold gas side. The seal type lasts several maintenance cycles.
- Numerous options of enhanced surface: Due to the options of plate fin, helical high fin and bi-metallic high fin as means to provide enhanced surface, numerous combinations of fin and tube material are feasible.
- No chance of vibration: The plate fin design connects all bare tubes with the fin to each other. The unsupported length is going towards zero. For the high fin tubing several spacer options are available. At the spacers’ locations, rigid clamping bars are installed with adjustment features to optimise the tightening process.
- Bundle removal device: A tool to remove and insert the bundle during maintenance can be designed upon customers’ request. Adjustment options on this equipment allow to use one bundle removal device for a whole set of EKE Intercooler.
Download : Datasheet