MaxTrak™ is an industrial mass flow controller from the company that has been a trusted name in industrial thermal mass flow meters for decades—Sierra Instruments.
In applications where frequent wash-down / hose-down is required, such as food and beverage, chemical processing, pharmaceutical and biotech, MaxTrak™ outperforms the competition as it conforms to the rigorous requirements of NEMA 6 and IP67.
Excellent accuracy and reliability coupled with unsurpassed instrument stability result from a patented, inherently linear design, advanced platinum sensor technology and a valve that is strong and forgiving of variations in process conditions.
MaxTrak™ measures and controls gas mass flow from 10 to 1000 SLPM, with lower flows (to 2 SLPM) and higher flows available upon request. Based upon Sierra’s successful SmartTrak® line of digital instruments, MaxTrak™ also offers Dial-A-Gas® multigas capability, both analog and digital communication and a wide variety of field adjustable parameters.
MaxTrak™ delivers the performance, flexibility and value you expect from Sierra Instruments.
- Industry’s only NEMA 6/IP67 industrial MFC affords wash down protection eliminating the need for secondary enclosures
- Measure & Control gas mass flow rates up to 1000 SLPM (other Sierra mass flow metersavailable up to 100,000 SLPM & higher)
- Accuracy: +/-1.0% of Full Scale
- Repeatability: +/- 0.2% Full Scale ensures a stable process even under changing conditions
- Dial-A-Gas® lets you select from up to 10 gases in one instrument, creating great flexibility and reducing spares inventory
- Operation at low differential pressures possible due to powerful direct valve design
- Both digital and analog communication included
- View and change the following functions in the field via RS-232:
- Setpoint Value
- Setpoint source
- Engineering units
- Output signal
- Valve state
- Full scale value
- 316 stainless steel construction is suitable for any clean gas, even corrosives & toxics
- Single sided power (24 VDC) reduces installation cost
- Modbus RTU Digital Protocol
- NEMA 6 & IP67 industrial environment rating
- All clean gases including toxics and corrosives
- High accuracy: +/- 0.5% of reading
- Accuracy: +/- 1% of reading
- Repeatability: +/- 0.2% of full scale
- Flow ranges from 0 to 10 slpm (nlpm) to 0 to 1000 slpm (nlpm)
- Higher and lower flow ranges available
- Pressure to 500 psig (34.5 barg)
- Gas/ambient temperature: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
- Response time: 300 millisecond time constant; 2 seconds (typical) to within ± 2% of final value (includes settling time), faster or slower available upon request
- Optional 316 SS flanges (ANSI or DIN)
- Single-sided 24 VDC power supply
- Seals: Viton®, Neoprene®, Kalrez®
- 316 stainless steel construction
- Analog/digital output signals: RS-232, RS-485 (Multi-drop), 0 to 20, 4 to 20 mA; 0 to 5, 1 to 5, 0 to 10 VDC
- Digital communications: Modbus RTU
- CE approved