Sierra SmartTrak® 100 HP Ultra-High Pressure Digital Designed to overcome these challenges, the 100HP combines the high performance of the SmartTrak® with a wider, more robust flow body, all-welded sensor seals, an innovative new valve design called ValFlex™, and a state-of-the-art high pressure calibration facility. The result is an instrument with increased application flexibility and accuracy in high pressure gas flow control applications.
To increase valve performance and accuracy under high pressures, Sierra’s proprietary ValFlex™ valve seat technology uses a flexible, high-impact, carbonreinforced polyamide valve seat material to assure smooth interaction with the valve orifice. The result is precision control over a wide range of flows from 100 sccm to 20 slpm with an industry leading leak-by as little as 4 sccm at 5000 psid (345 bard), dependant on the orifice used.
Because traditional valve seat elastomers like Viton, Neoprene and Kalrez swell and deform under high pressures, the 100HP uses harder, denser seals to minimize gas permeability.
To ensure the 100HP delivers precise, high pressure measurement and control, each unit is calibrated on our proprietary NIST traceable high-pressure calibration facility using a gas booster, high-pressure accumulator tanks, and mirrored precision pressure gauges, yielding highly accurate inlet and outlet pressures to match the customer’s application perfectly.
An instrument designed with purpose, the 100HP is a versatile solution for the most challenging highpressure gas mass flow applications.
Sierra SmartTrak® 100 HP Features
- Ideal for pilot plants, hydrogenation reactors, and autoclave processes
- Measure and control gas mass flow rates over an inlet pressure range of 500 to 5000 psig (34.5 to 345 barg)
- Flow ranges from 100 sccm to 20 slpm
- High accuracy +/- 1.0% of full scale; repeatability +/- 0.2% of full scale
- Wide differential pressure range from 0.345 bard (5 psid) to 345 bard (5000 psid)
- Innovative new ValFlex™ control valve design for
- precision control over a wide range of pressure and flow rates
- Leak-by of as little as 4 sccm at 5000 psid (345 bard), depending on orifice
- Inert, carbon-reinforced polyamide valve seat increases valve durability and precision
- Special high pressure rated seals minimize gas permeability
- Add Sierra’s Compod™ to run small-scale pilot plants or control high pressure reactors and autoclave processes without the expense of DCS or PLC systems.
- Proprietary high pressure calibration facility, directly traceable to NIST
- 24 VDC input power reduces installation cost and complexity
- Unique Pilot Module (mounted or hand-held) lets you view and change critical control functions
- Choose from multiple analog or digital signals
- Supports Modbus, Profibus DP, Foundation Fieldbus
- CE approved
- Supports all clean gases, including toxics and corrosives
- Accuracy of +/- 1% of full scale
- High Accuracy of +/- 0.5% of full scale available
- Repeatability of +/- 0.2% of full scale
- Ultra high pressure to 5000 psig (345 barg)
- Rated burst pressure of 7500 psig (517 barg)
- Flow range from 100 sccm to 20 slpm (nlpm)
- Gas/Ambient Temperature: 32 to 122°F (0to 50°C)
- Response time: 5 seconds (typical) to within +/- 2% of final value (includes settling time), faster or slower available upon request
- Single-sided 24 VDC power supply
- Seals: 90A Viton®
- 316 stainless-steel construction
- Analog or digital signals included: RS-232, RS-485 (Multi-drop), 0/4-20 mA, 0-5, 1-5, 0-10 VDC
- Digital communications solutions included: Foundation Fieldbus, Modbus RTU, and Profibus DP
- CE approved
Download Datasheet: SmartTrak® 100 HP Ultra-High Pressure Digital Gas Mass Flow Meters