Hoffer Star Series Turbine Flowmeters are designed and manufactured for process liquids where cost is of primary concern. The Star meters are constructed with a simple design, allowing for rugged and dependable service at a low cost and with a timely delivery.
In addition to the Industrial STAR Series, HOFFER offers a full line of precision turbines for liquid and gas, miniflowmeters for low-flow liquid and gas applications, profile insertion flowmeters for liquids and gases, as well as a complete line of electronic support equipment, including flow computers and linearizers. Contact the Applications Group at HOFFER for assistance.
Note : Spare parts are available for the STAR Series to facilitate field repairs. The factory does not provide repair service on this series since it is generally more economical to replace the flowmeter.
Table of Contents
Hoffer Star Series Features
- Low cost, rugged design
- NPT end fittings
- Sizes available 1/4” thru 3”
- Repeatability +/- .1%
- Repeatable flow range of .25 to 800 GPM.
- -20 to +450°F standard operating temperature range.
- Linearity of ± 1%
- Faster deliveries that typically around 15 days.
- Water Flood Secondary
- Fuel Metering Systems
- Petroleum Products
- Crude Oil
- Well Water
- Ethylene Glycol
Hoffer Star Series Specifications
- Linearity : ±1.0% of reading or better.
- Repeatability : ±0.1% of reading or better.
- Temperature Range : -20°F to +450°F (Standard).
- Signal Output : 10 MVRMS or greater into a 10K ohm load at minimum flow rate.
*Based on K-Factor Calibration at 70°F
- Materials of Construction :
Type 316/316L dual rated Stainless Steel (with exceptions noted below).
Rotor : 17.4 PH Stainless Steel.
Bearings : Hard Carbon Composite (Standard). Shielded, Self-lubricating Hybrid Ceramic Ball Bearings (Optional).
End Fittings: Male NPT
Download Datasheet : Hoffer Flow Controls Industrial Star Series Turbine Flow Meters for LiquidReference : hofferflow.com