McCROMETER V-Cone Flow Meter | Liquid, Steam or Gas Flow Measurement
Built-In flow condition design ideal for use in tight-fit and retrofit installations
McCrometer’s V-Cone® Flow Meter is an advanced differential pressure instrument, which is ideal for use with liquid, steam or gas media in rugged conditions where accuracy, low maintenance and cost are important. The V-Cone is especially useful in tight-fit and retrofit installations.
The V-Cone is designed for today’s most challenging oil / gas production, chemical, food & beverage, plastics, pharmaceuticals, district HVAC, textile, power and water & wastewater applications. The V-Cone is a better solution: see why. It combines exceptional performance, low maintenance and long life for superior value.
McCrometer’s V-Cone flow meter is an innovative system that takes differential pressure flow measurement to another level. Designed for mild to harsh operating environments, and for a wide variety of fluids, this advanced flow meter consistently outperforms traditional DP devices and other flow technologies. The V-Cone flow meter offers better accuracy and repeatability, wider rangeability, installation flexibility and reduced maintenance.
V-Cone® is a registered trademark of McCrometer.
- ISO Pressure Equipment Directive (PED)
- NVLAP Accredited Calibration Laboratory: Lab Code 201023-0
- Accuracy : ±0.5% of rate (certain fluids and Reynolds number applications require specific calibrations to achieve this value)
- Body material : Duplex 2205, 304, or 316 stainless steel, Hastelloy C-276, 254, SMO, carbon steels; Special materials on request.
- Calibration : Calibrated for customer application
- Configurations : Precision flow tube and wafer-type
- Fitting Type : Flanged, threaded, hub or weld-end standard; Others on request.
- Head Loss : Varies with beta ratio and DP
- Installation Requirement : Typically 0-3 diameters upstream and 0-1 diameters downstream of the cone are required, depending on fittings or valves in the adjacent pipeline.
- Line size : 0.5 to 120″ or larger
- Pressure Range : Up to 20,000 psi (1,380 bar)
- Repeatability : ±0.1%
- Standard Beta Ratios : 0.45 to 0.80, special betas available
- Temperature Range : up to 1,600 °F (870°C)
Reference : mccrometer