McCROMETER Wafer Cone with small line size processes rely on the versatile Wafer-Cone Flow Meter for superior accuracy and repeatability. The space-saving unit is easy to install. It’s ideal for tight-space installations and retrofits. It requires almost no maintenance. The Wafer-Cone further reduces life-cycle costs with a long life.
The Wafer-Cone flow meter uses the same revolutionary principles as the V-Cone. Its self-conditioning means little or no upstream or downstream piping runs are required.
The Wafer-Cone features a flangeless design. The element is easily replaced to accommodate changing flow conditions. Recalibration is not required. There are no moving parts to maintain. The unit combines exceptional flexibility with high performance. The Wafer-Cone is the perfect low-cost solution to tough flow measurement problems in water & wastewater, chemical, food & beverage, plastics, pharmaceuticals, district HVAC, textile, power and oil / gas production.
McCROMETER Wafer Cone Specifications
- Accuracy : From +/-1.0% of actual flow (certain fluids and Reynolds number applications require specific calibrations to achieve this value).
- Body material : 304 or 316 stainless steel
- Calibration : Sized and fluid calibrated for customer application
- Head Loss : Varies with beta ratio and DP
- Installation Requirement : Typically 1-3 diameters upstream and 1 diameter downstream of the cone are required, depending on fittings or valves in the adjacent pipeline.
- Line size : 1 to 6″
- Options : Gas or oil flow calibration
- Repeatability : ±0.1% or better
- Standard Beta Ratios : 0.45 to 0.85, special betas available
Wafer-Cone® is a registered trademark of McCrometer.
- ISO Pressure Equipment Directive (PED)
- NVLAP Accredited Calibration Laboratory: Lab Code 201023-0
- Interchangable cone elements for different flow ranges
- No-moving parts, No welding on pressure vessel
- Gas or oil flow calibration
Download Datasheet: McCROMETER Wafer Cone