Sierra Instruments’ SmartTrak® 50 Series is a digital gas mass flow controller designed to meet the low cost budgetary requirements of OEM’s while maintaining excellent quality and performance.
Inspired by the need for accurate and reliable gas mass flow control at an OEM price, the 50 Series delivers by building on the same core sensor, LFE and valve technology found in our award-winning SmartTrak 100 Series, all backed by industry best off-the-shelf fast product delivery and Sierra’s style of personalized customer support.
Our 50 Series has a standard accuracy of +/- 1.0% of full scale. The flexible and powerful direct-acting control valve sets it apart from the competition by minimizing leak-by, while offering a 300 ms response time to setpoint changes at +/- 0.25% repeatability.
It is our philosophy that core sensor technology must be of the highest quality and performance to make an excellent MFC. In contrast to the many wetted parts of CMOS and MEMS flow sensors, Sierra uses its most advanced 316L stainless steel platinumwound capillary sensor technology ensuring the very best mass flow control for nearly any clean gas.
As a result, the 50 Series shares the same advanced sensor as the flagship SmartTrak 100 Series, while incorporating a slightly varied valve and laminar flow element design also inspired by the original Smart-Trak. A more efficient manufacturing process, a streamlined design, and our partnership with a very strong supplier base combined to make the 50 Series a reality.
Experience our passion for flow with the 50 Series in your next application.
- Industry best off-the-shelf delivery
- Accuracy: +/- 1.0% full scale for common gases (Air, Ar, CO2, CO, CH4, He, H2, O2, N2)
- Repeatability: +/- 0.25% full scale
- All the performance features of a digital mass flow controller at an OEM price
- Control gas mass flow rates to 50 slpm (nlpm)
- Advanced 316L SS platinum sensor technology and patented LFE provide excellent linear performance
- Available in both aluminum and 316 stainless steel flow bodies with Viton® elastomers
- Local display and digital setpoint control with optional analog setpoint/output signals
- RS-232 interfaces easily with PLC or workstation (user software and communication cables supplied)
- RS-485 (addressable)
- Dual I/O DB9 comm ports for installation flexibility
- Field adjustable zero and span
- Powerful direct-acting control valve minimizes leak-by
- 300 ms control valve time constant
- Small footprint facilitates replacement of older MFC’s
- CE Approved
- All clean gases, including toxics and corrosives
- Accuracy of +/- 1% of full scale
- Repeatability of +/- 0.25% of full scale
- Flow ranges from 0 to 10 sccm to 0-200 slpm (nlpm)
- Higher and lower flow ranges available
- Pressure up to 145 psig (10 barg)
- Gas/ambient temperature 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C
- Response time: 300ms time constant: 2 seconds (typical) to within ± 2% of final value (includes settling time), faster or slower available upon request
- 24 VDC input power
- Viton® seals (other elastomers available)
- 316 stainless-steel or aluminum construction
- Analog or digital signals included: RS-232, RS-485 (Multi-drop), 4-20 mA; 0-5 VDC
- CE approved
Reference : sierrainstruments.com