For in-situ verification of flow meters in the field, Energoflow AG offers a range of transferable standards sets. These sets comprise of pre-calibrated flow meters, flow conditioners, and straight runs in an easily transportable case. They can be used for proving flow meters by comparison method in the field without de-mounting.
Transferable Flow Metering Standards Set or Portable standard (standard of comparison, the transported standards) is a secondary standard designed for comparisons of standards and verification of measuring instruments.
Portable standard (PS)- high precision measuring instruments (MI) is used to transmit units of physical quantities on the primary standards to MI being certified (under test), with the capability to transport them directly to the place of installation of MI for verification (certification).
The table below shows the main characteristics of the standard meter of the Hygienic Master FEH521, used in the Portable standard unit of liquid flow.
Characteristics of master meters of Hygienic Master FEH521
|Nominal diameter of the pipeline, Dn||50||15||15||2|
|Minimum flow rate, m3 / h||6.0||0.6||0.12||0.012|
|Maximum flow rate, m3 / h||60||6.0||1.2||0.12|
|Systematic,error, not worse,%||0.15||0.15||0.15||0.15|
|Points of the strait, m3 / h||6,0;13,0;20,0;6,0;
|0,6; 1,3; 2,0;
2,6; 3,3; 4,0;
4,6; 5,3; 6,0
|0,12; 0,25; 0,40; 0,50; 0,65; 0,80; 0,95; 1,05; 1,20||0,012; 0,025; 0,04; 0,05; 0,065; 0,08; 0,095; 0,105; 0,12|
The main features of PS are:
- PS completely “conjugates” with the equipment of primary standard as well as with typical MI, calibration and proving rigs, and additional equipment used for calibration.
- PS have high technical characteristics (such as reliability, transportable, small weight and size characteristics, etc.) and specific metrological properties (eg, they “retain” their metrological characteristics after transportation).
- Using the PS substantially changes the metrological verification process – generally such verification is carried out in the field, at the site of installation of the MI. This excludes the long delays, and even (in some cases) a stop of production processes and testing of different products and types of equipment, i.e., the system of metrological provision “adapts” to the requirements and conditions of the customer.
- High “promptness” in obtaining results of verification of MI.
- Service capability of measuring equipment, which is part of different equipment and systems.