Energoflow ULIS-A is a non-intrusive ultrasonic pig passage indicator designed for reliable detection of all kinds of pigs used for pigging of filled liquid pipelines. It also provides an indication and an estimate of accumulated debris in front of the pig and an estimate of the effectiveness of the pigging procedure. The device is certified as intrinsically safe for use in hazardous areas.
The pig detector comprises an ultrasonic non-intrusive sensor clamped to the outside of the pipe and a remotely installed electronics unit. The clamp-on design of the sensor allows the device to be used for all pipe sizes. The electronics unit provides a visual indication of pig passage as well as a dry relay output signal for integration into existing control systems.
Besides, the electronics unit provides archiving of up to 120 events of pig detection and automatic reset functions. With the help of specialized software provided, graphical visualization of the approach of the debris plug as well as pig/sphere passage, and change in density of the fluid is possible.
The major advantages of the ULIS-A pig detector are:
- The non-intrusive design provides zero pressure drop and no obstruction to the flow or the pig and allows for all kinds of applications – high pressure, sour service, etc.
- Any type of pig, sphere, etc. can be detected in both directions.
- There are no mechanical moving parts – so no wear or tear, minimum servicing.
- The active nature of the ultrasonic device guarantees reliable pig detection eliminating false alarms due to outside interference.
- Transducers of the detector should be installed on the pipelines for detection of the large-size objects (including pigs, separating balls, gauges, diagnostics devices, etc.), propelled by the liquid flow in the pipelines under the pressure, for determination of the moment when the object is crossing the pipeline section under control. A corresponding warning signal is sent to the data collection system or the Advanced Communications System (ACS).
- Detector also provides the detection of the so-called «paraffin plugs» (referred to as plugs) in the oil pipelines.
- A detector is designed for the pipelines with passage diameter DN from 150 up to 500 mm and from 350 up to 1200 mm, and wall thickness up to 60 mm.
a. Detector consists of a system unit (SU) and an electroacoustic active transducer (EAT), attached to the pipeline surface by a mounting tool. EAT is connecting to the SU by a 4-wire cable.
b. EAT transmits and receives an ultrasonic signal.
c. ULIS-A SU is intended for installation indoor and outdoor of explosion hazard zones.
|Parameters of the indicator||Value|
|The diameter of the pipeline, mm||150 – 500;
350 – 1200
|Pig device velocity in the pipeline, km/h||1 – 8|
|Length of the device of clearing, m||1 – 2|
|Ambient temperature||– 40 … +60 °C|
|Power of device||220 V, 50 Hz;
24 VDC/ 20mA
|Power consumption, Wt, no more||6|
|1. “Dry contact” “Event”||30V, 200mÀ|
|2. “Dry contact” “Work”||30V, 200mÀ|
|3. Current output||4 – 20 mÀ|
|4. Serial interface||RS485|
|Distance from the gauge up to the
electronic block, m, no more
II 2G Ex ib IIB T4 Gb, Electronics block :
II (2)G [Ex ib Gb] IIB