Adalet Explosion Proof XIH-Series, For more than 91 years Adalet, a Scott Fetzer Company, has been an industry leader in the development and manufacturing of enclosure systems and cable accessories. Established in 1 928 to manufacture conduit and cable fittings, Adalet today offers the most extensive line of enclosures and fittings to the hazardous and rugged industrial markets.
Adalet Explosion Proof XIH-Series engineered enclosure systems include empty and populated explosion-proof and stainless steel junction boxes, motor control enclosures, meter, and instrument housings, and ‘Exe’ increased safety terminal and control enclosures.
The Adalet product line also includes thermal management systems, pilot devices, conduit, and cable accessories, high voltage cable couplers, and other related electrical products for the industry. These products are suitable for NEMA type 1 through NEMA type 13 applications.
Adalet’s sales and application engineers have decades of specialized electrical enclosure experience and are ready to solve your unique custom enclosure application requirements. Our engineering department is unsurpassed and on the edge of technology using the most up-to-date computer-aided design software.
Software applications such as Solid Edge, Solid Works, Inventor, AutoCAD, and Femap/NX-Nastran FEA help us focus on custom product development and innovative engineering. Known for producing the industry’s highest quality Hazardous Location products, Adalet has parlayed its reputation for quality, engineered solutions into its GenLo product line.
Our team of sales professionals, engineers, and designers are here to assist with the selection and design of products to satisfy your specific needs. A new GenLo products facility located in Cardington, OH will be the new home for Adalet’s stainless steel and non-metallic industrial enclosure product line.
The 70,000 square foot facility will produce stainless steel electrical enclosures for use in various industrial applications which require a rugged, watertight, and corrosion-resistant housing for sensitive components. Adalet has two different product categories. The product categories such as HazLo products and GenLo products.
Explosion Proof Instrument Enclosure XIH Series
Adalet’s explosion-proof instrument enclosures are designed to provide reliable protection for measurement and detection applications in highly corrosive, hazardous areas. Explosion-proof instrument enclosures are offered in a variety of sizes and carry global certifications for use around the world.
Adalet Explosion Proof XIH-Series, part of our XIH (medium) series, is a single-ended housing made of copper-free aluminum. Ideal for applications where corrosion resistance is essential, this explosion-proof housing is designed with extra safety in mind.
Adalet Explosion Proof XIH-Series Features
- Standard Features
- ½” or ¾” NPT conduit feed-through hubs, offset for maximum clearance and capacity
- Four interior mounting bosses at 45° orientation accommodate blind tapped holes on a 2-1/2” bolt circle
- 60 chamfer on window opening provides enhanced viewing angle
- Internal and external ground screws and tamper-resistant cover set screws for extra safety
- Choice of solid covers or 2-5/8” diameter tempered glass window for local readout or display
- Buna-Nitrile rubber gasket for NEMA Type 4X watertight applications
- Corrosion-resistant, “safety blue” polyester powder coating (other colors available)
- Stainless steel hardware
- Design Options
Powder or epoxy coatings to match the company color scheme
Custom drilling & tapping modifications
Interior mounting bosses
Custom designs and sizes
- ¼”-20 UNC holes in front boss for bracket mounting
- Front boss modifications: ½” or ¾” NPT & various NPSM & metric entries available in place of standard ½” NPT (consult factory)
- Mounting lugs with 5/16” holes (add suffix “L” to catalog number)
- Conduct size: 1/2″ NPT, 3/4″ NPT, 1″ NPT
Download Data Sheet: Explosion Proof Instrument Enclosure XIH Series