Standard Duty Deadlatch 4530 by adams rite deadlatches provide flexible traffic control for applications that require free entrance at certain times and exit-only at other times. Choose from electric, standard, and heavy-duty deadlatch options that can be ordered with a variety of related products including strike plates, cylinder accessories, electric strikes, and trim.
4530 Standard Duty Deadlatches provide flexible traffic control during and after business hours. Designed to retrofit into the prep of older MS1850 Deadlocks and discontinued 4250 Deadlatches.
Standard Duty Deadlatch 4530 Function Adams Rite
The 4530 Standard Duty Deadlatch offers the flexibility of traffic control during and after business hours. A reverse turn of the key while the bolt is held retracted retains the bolt to allow two-way traffic for healthcare, financial institutions, retail, and other applications that require free entrance at certain times and exit-only at other times. 4530 Deadlatches are designed to fit without alteration, the stile cutout for older MS1850 Series Deadlocks and discontinued 4250 Deadlatches of the same backset.
Standard Duty Deadlatch 4530 Operation Adams Rite
Turnkey or operate handle to retract spring-loaded Latchbolt. To hold bolt retracted, push it in and secure by reverse turn of the key. Lock accepts any standard 1″ [25.4 mm] length, 1-5/32″ [29.4 mm] diameter mortise cylinder with MS® cam such as the 4036 Mortise Cylinder or thumbturn such as the 4066 Thumbturn, available separately. Lock accepts cylinder from either or both sides.
- Cylinder Backset: 7/8″ [22.2 mm], 31/32″ [24.6 mm], or 1-1/8″ [28.6 mm] only.
- Case: Steel with corrosion-resistant plating. Measures 1″ x 5-13/16″ x depth [25.4 mmx 147.6 mm x depth]. Depth varies by backset.
- Bolt Holdback: While bolt is held fully retracted, a reverse turn of the key retains the bolt, allowing the door to be free-swinging.
- Latchbolt: All metal with hardened steel internal pins. Handing is reversible without special tools. Measures 1/2″ x 1″ x 1/2″[12.7 mm x 25.4 mm x 12.7 mm] throw.
- Auxiliary Bolt: All metal. Deadlocks latch bolt to prevent “loiding” or case-knife entry.
- Faceplate: Measures 1-1/4″ x 7-13/32″[31.8 mm x 188.1 mm].
- Strike: Standard strike furnished is 4901-01 for flat jamb.
- Standard Package: Individually boxed with strike plate and mounting screws. Cylinder, paddle, handle available separately.
- Shipping Weight: 1-1/4 lbs [0.57 kg]
- Backset, faceplate shape, strike, handing, and finish must be specified when ordering.
- Available without faceplate or strike plate, select 4533.
- Available in a choice of 313 Dark bronze anodized, 335 Black anodized, 628 Clear anodized.
Download Catalogue: Adams Rite 4530 Standard Duty Deadlatch