The Digital E3 Modulevel® is an advanced, intrinsically safe two-wire instrument utilizing simple buoyancy principle to detect and convert liquid level changes into a stable output signal. The linkage between the level sensing element and output electronics provides a simple mechanical design and construction. The vertical in-line design of the transmitter results in low instrument weight and simplified installation. The instrument comes in a variety of configurations and pressure ratings for varied applications.
The Digital E3 MODULEVEL has microprocessor-based electronics with 4–20 mA/HART® or FOUNDATION fieldbus™ output. E3 supports the FDT/DTM standard and a PACTware™ PC software package allows for additional configuration and trending capabilities.
- MEDIA: Liquids or slurries, clean or dirty, light hydrocarbons to heavy acids (SG=0.23 to 2.20)
- VESSELS: Process & storage, bridles, bypass chambers, interface, sumps & pits up to unit pressure & temperature ratings.
- CONDITIONS: Most liquid level measurement and control applications including those with varying dielectric, vapors, turbulence, foam, buildup, bubbling or boiling and high fill/empty rates. Also, liquid/liquid interface level measurement or density control.
- Two-wire, loop-powered, transmitter for level, interface or density measurement
- No level change needed for configuration; no field calibration necessary.
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Certified, SFF value of 90.6%
- 4 –20 mA output signal
- Two-line, 8-character LCD and 3-button keypad
- Continuous self-test with 22 mA, 3.6 mA or Hold fault indication fully compliant with NAMUR NE 43
- Comprehensive diagnostics with faults, warnings & status history
- HART or FOUNDATION fieldbus digital communications
- PACTware PC program using HART communication for advanced configuration and troubleshooting (see bulletin 59-101)
- IS, XP and Non-incendive approvals by FM, CSA, ATEX, IEC
- Standard output range from 3.8 to 20.5 mA
- 11 VDC turn on voltage
- Maximum loop resistance of 620 ohms at 24 VDC
- Process temperatures to +850 °F (+454 °C) for non-steam applications
- Level ranges from 14 to 120+ inches (356 to 3048+ mm)
- Specific gravity as low as 0.23
- Cast aluminum or stainless steel, TYPE 4X, Cl I Div 1 Groups B, C, D housing
- Field wiring in isolated junction box
- Head rotatable through 360°
- Accepted proven LVDT/range spring technology
- Range spring suppresses effects of turbulence to produce stable output signal.
- Flanged top mounting or external cage with side/side or side/bottom connections
- Special options, materials of construction and custom engineered features available (consult factory).
- Spring protector standard
- Signal sampling 15 times per second