The Eclipse® Model 706 High Performance Transmitter is a loop-powered, 24 VDC level transmitter that is based upon the proven and accepted technology of Guided Wave Radar (GWR). Encompassing a number of significant engineering accomplishments, this leading edge level transmitter is designed to provide measurement performance well beyond that of many of the more traditional technologies.
Utilizing patented “diode switching” technology, along with the most comprehensive probe offering on the market, this single transmitter can be used in a wide variety of applications ranging from very light hydrocarbons to water-based media.
The innovative angled, dual compartment enclosure is now a common sight in the industry. This enclosure, first brought to the industry by Magnetrol® in 1998, is angled to maximize ease of wiring, configuration, and viewing of the versatile graphic LCD display.
One universal Model 706 transmitter can be used and interchanged with all probe types, and offers enhanced reliability as it is certified for use in critical SIL 2 hardware safety loops. With the use of a unique adapter, the model 706 transmitter can even operate with older Model 705 probes.
The ECLIPSE Model 706 supports both the FDT/DTM and Enhanced DD (EDDL) standards, which allow viewing of valuable configuration and diagnostic information such as the echo curve in tools such as PACTware ™, AMS Device Manager, and various HART® Field Communicators.
- MEDIA: Liquids, solids, or slurries; hydrocarbons to waterbased media (Dielectric Constant εr = 1.2–100)
- VESSELS: Most process or storage vessels up to rated probe temperature and pressure.
- CONDITIONS: All level measurement and control applications including process conditions exhibiting visible vapors, foam, surface agitation, bubbling or boiling, high fill/empty rates, low level and varying dielectric media or specific gravity.
- Multivariable, two-wire, 24 VDC loop-powered transmitter for level, interface, volume, or flow.
- Unique adapter allows operation with Model 705 probes
- Diode switching technology offers best-in-class signal strength and signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) resulting in enhanced capability in difficult low dielectric applications.
- Level measurement not affected by changing media characteristics.
- No need to move levels for calibration.
- Overfill Capable probes allow for “true level” measurement all the way up to the process seal, without the need for special algorithms.
- 4-button keypad and graphic LCD display allow for convenient viewing of configuration parameters and
- Proactive diagnostics advise not only what is wrong, but also offer troubleshooting tips.
- Nine common tank shapes for volumetric output.
- 30-point custom strapping table for uncommonlyshaped tanks.
- Two standard flumes and four standard weirs of various sizes for flow measurement.
- Generic flow equation for non-standard channels.
- 360° rotatable housing can be separated from probe without depressurizing the vessel.
- Probe designs up to +850 °F/6250 psi (+450 °C/431 bar).
- Saturated steam applications up to 3000 psi (207 bar), +800 °F (+425 °C) when installed in side-mounted
- Cryogenic applications down to -320 °F (-196 °C).
- Transmitter can be remote-mounted up to 12 feet (3.6 m) away from the probe.
- SIL certification allows use in SIL 2/3 Loops
- No moving parts.
- FOUNDATION fieldbus™, PROFIBUS PA and Modbus digital outputs.
- Lloyd’s Register steam drum approval