AW-Lake HUB-40EX Hazardous Area Flow Sensor is a frequency output, pickup sensor certified for use in explosion proof areas. The sensor detects the rotation of an approved flow meter’s gears and emits a frequency signal proportional to the flow.
The output signal is a square wave pulse, which has a duty cycle of approximately 50%. MAG signal outputs are protected with a self-resetting fuse. This fuse has a 50 mA nominal trip point. When a trip occurs, turn off power to the sensor and remove output load to reset the fuse.
Ideal for any industry or flow measurement application where an explosion-proof sensor is required, such as in chemical injection, hydraulic fracturing, or industrial paint spray booths.
AW-Lake HUB-40EX Hazardous Area Flow Sensor Features:
- Choose from Hazardous area certification options including: cCSAus or ATEX/IECEx
- Square wave output signal has a duty cycle of approximately 50%.
- For use with all AW-Lake EX flow meters.
Up and Running in Minutes
Easy thread-in installation. A quick setup procedure allows you to have the sensor working with just a few simple installation steps.
Because of the integral swivel union, the HUB-40EX unit can be rotated 360° for easy wiring. Options available to fit any AW Gear Meter or Turbine Meter.
NEMA 4X enclosure provides environmental protection from moisture and debris.
The signal outputs are protected by a self resetting fuse with a 50 mA nominal trip point.
AW-Lake HUB-40EX Hazardous Area Flow Sensor Specification:
- Supply Voltage: 10-24 VDC
- Supply Current:
- 8 mA @ 12 VDC
- 12 mA @ 24 VDC
- 65 mA Maximum
- Sensor/Monitor Frequency Output: Flow dependent, 0.5 Hz minimum
- Output Amplitude:
- VHIGH = VSUPPLY – 0.7 Volts
- VLOW = 0 Volts
- Duty Signal: 50% ± 15%
- Terminal block, 1/2” female NPT conduit entrance
- Cable with 1/2″ male NPT
- Enclosure Rating: TYPE 4X
- CSA Certification:
- Class I, Div. I, Groups C, D
- Class II, Div. I, Groups E, F, G
- Class III
- ATEX Certification: II 2 G, Ex d IIB+H2 T5 Gb, Ta = -40°C to +60°C
- IECEX Certification: Ex d IIB+H2 T5 Gb Ta = -40°C to +60°C
- Temperature Ratings:
- -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C )
- 185°F (85°C) maximum fluid temperature
Download Data Sheet: HUB-40EX Hazardous Area Flow Sensor