Kobold SFL Low Volume Turbine Wheel Flowmeter is particularly suitable for service with liquids free from solids. The liquids must be transmissive for infrared light (for example: water, oil, chemicals). The plastic or stainless steel material combination allows service with aggressive media.
Kobold SFL Features
- Low-viscosity liquids (solids < 20 μm)
- Ideal system for filling plants (food and drinks industry)
- Volume batching, for example chemicals (with an external batching device)
- Aggressive media
Method of Operatio
- The forced medium causes the turbine wheel to rotate. Housing geometry, light-weight turbine wheel and radial flowing liquid ensure that the rotor floats.
- A suspended rotor ensures a long service life. The motion of the turbine wheel is sensed in a non-contacting manner with infrared diodes and converted to impulses.
- This output signal is linear and proportional to the volumetric flow. The flow meter may be installed in any position.
Kobold SFL Specifications
- Reaction value: approx. 0,08 l/min
- Max. medium temp.: -20…+90°C
- Max. operating pressure:
16 bar (SFL-13)
250 bar (SFL-12)
- Measuring accuracy: ±1% of full scale
- Repeatability: ±0.3% of reading
- Interchangeability: ±2.5% of reading
- Power supply: 5…24 VDC (12…24 mA)
- Output signal: pulses approx. 50…2100 Hz (square)
- K factor: 6250 pulses/liters
- Materials: PVDF case and Vectra rotor or stainless steel 1.4305 (case) and Vectra rotor O-ring FPM(SFL-12) or EPDM (SFL-13)
- Mechanical connection: G⅜ male or G⅜ female (stainless steel only)
- Electrical connection: 3-core ribbon cable (approx.15 cm) encapsulated in the case (SFL-13) Hirschmann connector GDSN207 (SFL-12)
Download Datasheet: Kobold SFL Low Volume Turbine Wheel FlowmeterReference : kobold.com