Macnaught Type N Intrinsically Safe Pulser Flow Meter are suitable for a wide range of industrial applications including fuel and oil distribution, corrosive chemical, solvent measurement and high pressure applications to name a few. Macnaught offers Positive Displacement Flow Meters featuring Oval Gear technology.
The measuring principle includes two high precision toothed oval gears, which are driven by the flow of the medium and mesh with each other: in presence of a flow, defined volumes of fluid are transported through the meter for each rotation of oval gears pair. As the flow rate increases, so does the rotational speed of the rotors.
The number of gear rotations is a measure of the amount of fluid that has passed through the meter; each rotation is detected by a sensor and the volume is calculated using a conversion factor (K factor).
A key distinction of positive displacement flow meters is that they offer direct measurement of the volumetric flow rate. Positive displacement flow meters are frequently specified as they offer high accuracy and repeatability.
They readily provide measurement accuracy within +/-0.5% of the true value. Additionally, positive displacement flow meters require no power to drive the gear operation with no special fluid conditioning (e.g. straight lengths of pipe) and are capable of handling high pressure, large flow variations and plant equipment vibration due to their robust design.
The Type N Intrinsically Safe Pulser Flow Meter are designed to complement the MX Blind meters series. These options provide the flexibility to apply a style of housing that best satisfies the application requirements.
Macnaught Americas is a wholly owned subsidiary of Macnaught Pty Ltd and oversees all business operations in Canada, USA, Mexico, Central / South America & The Caribbean Basin marketplaces. Established in Tampa FL since 1989, our location stocks MX and M Series Meters and Meter parts along with a healthy Inventory of Grease, Oil & Fuel fluid transfer pumps, Retracta Hose Reels and dispensing items. The Tampa staff has decades of advanced applications experience & can quote your needs quickly.
Macnaught Pty Ltd, is a privately owned Sydney, Australia based corporation. Established in 1948, Macnaught has been designing and manufacturing industrial grade Positive Displacement Oval Gear Flow Meters, Retracta Hose Reels and Grease / Oil / Fuel Fluid Handling Products for the agriculture, automotive, chemical, industrial, general process, marine, mining, OEM and transport industries. Leaders in our field, we design and manufacture long lasting robust products with a commitment to provide:
- Best cost of ownership spanning the entire Macnaught product range
- Industry leading technical product applications assistance & support
- Customer service with a high sense of urgency
- Complete client satisfaction – our goal is to develop long term customer relationships – not focus on the transaction
Macnaught Type N Advantages
- High accuracy and repeatability
- High accuracy and repeatability
- Suitable for viscous fluids
- Accuracy unaffected by changes in viscosity
- Requires minimal maintenance
- Ease of installation
- Exceptional turn-down ratio
Macnaught Type N Specification
|Construction||Cuzn, Chrome plated|
|Max temp||85°C (185°F)|
|Approvals||ATEX, IECEx II G Ex ia IIC T4..T6 Ga II 1 D Ex ia IIIC T115OC Da|
Download Data Sheet: Type N Intrinsically Safe Pulser Flow Meter
- Macnaught Series DR Digital Display Flow Meter
- Macnaught Series Pulse Oil Flow Meter 1/2″
- Macnaught Series Pulse Oil Flow Meter 3/4″
- Macnaught Type A Standard Pulse Flow Meter
- Macnaught M Series Flow Meter
- Macnaught DR Digital Display Flow Meter
- Macnaught 1/2″ Mechanical Oil Flow Meter
- Macnaught Type Intrinsically Safe Pulser Flow Meter
- Rotech Limit Switch Boxes
- Potter Electric – Fire Alarms & Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Castel – Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Components
- Seametrics IP100/200 Paddle Wheel Flow Meter
- Pull Cord Switch
- Fluidyne Control Systems
- McCrometer Flow Meter
- Processautomatic – Accurate and Adaptable Flow Measuring Solutions