Thermax Standard Portfolio products offer irreversible temperature recording to help monitor the highest temperature reached. These are self-adhesive labels that change in color from silver to black. Options include level strips, mini strips, encapsulated indicators, level microstrips, and clock indicators.
Thermax® Irreversible Temperature Recording Strips
Product Description: A series of temperature test labels that will permanently record the highest temperature reached by the label.
- Permanent Record of Highest Temperature Reached
- Self-Adhesive Labels
- Silver to Black Color Change
- Immediate Response
- Oil, Water and Steam Resistant
- Inexpensive and Easy to Use
- Product Line Temperature Range
- 84 to 554°F / 29 to 290°C
- Less than 100°C is +/- 1°C
- 100°C to 154°C is +/- 1.5°C
- Greater than 154°C is +/- 4°C
These self-adhesive labels consist of a series of temperature-sensitive elements sealed between heat-resistant substrates with transparent windows. Each element changes color distinctly as its rated temperature is exceeded. The changes are irreversible, providing a temperature history of the surface being monitored. The labels will not de-laminate when removed for reference and can be attached to an inspection report to serve as a permanent record.
How the labels work:
The temperature-sensitive elements are phase-change indicators that use the sharply defined melting points of a series of specially purified organic chemicals to give the unique, high precision, color change effects.
Each temperature element uses a different chemical compound and is made separately by applying a coating containing the chemical to a special absorptive paper substrate. When the rated temperature is exceeded, the chemical melts and is absorbed by the substrate, causing a permanent color change. Up to ten elements can be combined together on a single label.
Instructions for Use:
- Peel indicator from the release paper
- Apply to any clean, grease-free surface ensuring that the indicator has adhered to the surface
- A color change from silver-white/orange to black indicates that the temperature has been reached
- Storage Conditions:
- Products 120ºF/50ºC or below: Store in a refrigerator inside a sealed bag
- Products above 120ºF/50ºC: Store at room temperature & humidity (i.e. 20ºC/68ºF & 50% relative humidity)