More than 90 years of innovation and expertise John C. Cleaver started manufacturing small, portable boilers in 1929. He joined forces with Raymond Brooks in 1931 to form Cleaver-Brooks, which began producing the world’s first packaged boiler. Through its commitment to research and development, the company today is the sole provider of integrated boiler, burner and controls solutions.
Cleaver-Brooks comprises a diverse group of individuals across North America and beyond. From our fabricators and engineers to our executive team, we come together to create an innovative and thriving company focused on excellence.
Integrated Cleaver-Brooks Boiler Product
Cleaver-Brooks sets the bar for industry-leading, energy-efficient, low-emissions products for your boiler room. Whether it’s a new boiler installation, from the smallest electric commercial boiler to the largest industrial boiler, or retrofitting your current facility, the Cleaver-Brooks fully integrated systems, including boilers, burners, controls, and auxiliary equipment, supply the most efficient solutions in the world.
Cleaver-Brooks Firetube boiler Product
CBEX Firetube Boiler
- The Cleaver-Brooks CBEX firetube boiler featuring EX technology is a completely integrated boiler, burner, and controls system. Every core component has been designed and built by Cleaver-Brooks to work together, resulting in the most efficient and lowest-emissions firetube system ever built.
- The CBEX achieves higher operating efficiency than competitors’ boilers, leading to lower fuel consumption over the life of the boiler. It can also burn renewable fuels and meets the lowest possible emissions of <5 ppm NOx, <10 ppm CO without SCR, helping achieve both emissions reduction and decarbonization goals.
CBLE Firetube Boiler
- The CBLE firetube boiler is a complete, single source package including pressure vessel, integral burner, and controls. Components are designed and manufactured for reliability and long life, maximum safety, ease of maintenance, and the lowest emissions, guaranteed. Upgrade or retrofit your system with Cleaver-Brooks controls, economizers, water treatment systems, and all the other system components to build a state-of-the-art boiler room of virtually any size and capacity.
- The integral head burner of the CBLE coupled with its tube design enables the boiler to burn more types of renewable fuels than others in the market. The burner design also helps meet emissions reduction goals, down to <7 ppm NOx.
Cleaver-Brooks CBJT firetube boiler
- The Cleaver-Brooks CBJT firetube boiler has been designed to serve a wide range of applications. Built to utilize different Cleaver-Brooks exclusive technologies, from the robust pressure vessel, to the burner and controls, the CBJT is the ideal choice when an external jet burner preferred.
- The CBJT is a complete package, including pressure vessel, integral burner, and controls. Engineered by Cleaver-Brooks to be a fully compatible boiler and burner package featuring excellent fuel-to-steam/water efficiency, space savings, and low emissions. The versatile Cleaver-Brooks CBJT also has the flexibility to add desired options to further enhance the package.
- The CBJT is offered in a 2-, 3- or 4-pass design. It is ruggedly contructed for hot water or low and high pressure steam applications. For customers who prefer the jet burner design, the CBJT provides the highest value, with a focus on safety, ease of maintenance, lowest emissions and the flexibility to add desired options to further enhance the package.
- Upgrade or retrofit your system with Cleaver-Brooks controls, economizers, water treatment systems, and all the other system components to build a state-of-the-art boiler room of virtually any size and capacity.
Cleaver-Brooks Model ICB firetube boiler
- The Cleaver-Brooks Model ICB firetube boiler is a 3 – pass integrated package with components designed to work together seamlessly.
- Integrated package includes pressure vessel, ProFire® packaged jet burner, controls, and the latest advances in combustion technology. Upgrade or retrofit your system with Cleaver-Brooks controls, economizers, water treatment systems, and all the other system components to build a state-of-the-art boiler room of virtually any size and capacity.
Cleaver-Brooks Ohio Special firetube boiler
- The Cleaver-Brooks Ohio Special firetube boiler is specifically designed to meet Ohio state regulations while still maintaining the four cornerstones of Cleaver-Brooks; safety, reliability, efficiency, and sustainability.
- Models are offered in waterback and dryback designs with a capacity range of 100–225 HP and are available with integral or packaged Cleaver-Brooks jet burner. Complete package includes pressure vessel, burner, and controls – all designed, manufactured, and tested by Cleaver-Brooks.
Cleaver-Brooks Watertube boiler Product
FLX Watertube Boiler
- The FLX is a UL listed packaged boiler that is versatile and can handle both commercial and Industrial applications. The compact 5-pass bent water-tube design provides efficiency ratings up to 81% (Steam) and 85% (Hot water).
- The FLX’s burner can burn non-standard and renewable fuels and features a fully modulating burner to ensure optimum efficiency throughout the firing range. It can also help meet emissions reduction goals, down to <9 ppm NOx with low CO.
- The FLX has distinct design features that include non-welded ferrule tubes for ease of tube replacement. The package includes a burner for a completely integrated and engineered solution from a single source. Removable sectioned side panel design permits full access to all tubes.
- The boiler is a 5-pass cross flow water tube design. This allows for maximum heat transfer thru every pass. The gas flow design of the FLX does not require baffles which lowers maintenance costs throughout the boilers life. A fully water-cooled furnace reduces heat loss from the furnace section. The design eliminates the need for costly maintenance on side or rear insulation, which reduces the total cost of ownership.
M5M Watertube Boiler
- The M5M is a membrane wall watertube boiler that achieves best-in-class combustion performance with low emissions that can fit through a doorway. Premix burner technology enables the boiler to attain <20 ppm NOx without FGR and <10 CO as standard on natural gas. The linkageless burner provides fully modulating turndown without the use of complex air/fuel mixing valves.
- Premix burner technology enables the boiler to attain <20 ppm NOx without FGR and <10 CO as standard on natural gas. The linkageless burner provides fully modulating turndown without the use of complex air/fuel mixing valves. The M5M is a compact unit that reduces floor space by 50% with weight savings of 40% while providing steam or hot water for commercial or industrial applications. The complete package fits through a standard doorway, ideal for replacement of existing units with ease of installation and minimal cost.
M5 Watertube Boiler
- The integral burner design is proven CB technology that is robust and can be setup for dual fuel applications. The hinged wind box allows easy access for service and maintenance. The Model 5 is a compact unit that reduces floor space by 50% with weight savings of 40% while providing steam or hot water for commercial or industrial applications.
- The complete package fits through a standard doorway, ideal for replacement of existing units with ease of installation and minimal cost. The Soot washer lances in the upper convection area of the boiler allow ease of maintenance when firing on #2 oil. Each lance is capable of rotating 360 degrees to ensure complete washing of the convection zone.
Condensing Hydronic Boilers
ClearFire-H Modular Boiler
Modular Steam Boilers
Horizontal Steam Firetube Boiler
- The ClearFire-H steam boiler is a compact, horizontal firetube boiler offering best-in-class operating efficiency and excellent steam quality.
CBT Modular Boiler Vertical Tubeless Steam Boiler
- The CBT tubeless vertical boiler provides 99+% steam quality – low or high pressure – all delivered in a compact, easy to service vertical design to effectively and reliably meet your steam process requirements.
Electric & Electrode Boilers
Model WB Electric Boiler Hot Water Boiler
- The Cleaver-Brooks Model WB is an immersion-element hot water boiler with a vertical, insulated vessel. This boiler is designed for the heavy-duty, continuous demand of commercial and industrial applications.
Model S Electric Boiler Vertical Steam Boiler
- The Cleaver-Brooks Model S is an immersion-element steam electric boiler with a vertical, insulated vessel. This boiler is designed for the heavy-duty, continuous demand of commercial and industrial applications.
Model MVE Electrode Boiler High-voltage, Jet-type
- The electrode boiler is a high-voltage, jet-type electrode steam boiler that utilizes water as a resistor to conduct electrical current and create heat to generate steam.
Model HSB Electric Boiler Horizontal Steam Boiler
- The Cleaver-Brooks Model HSB is an immersion-element steam boiler with a horizontal, insulated vessel. This boiler is designed for the heavy-duty, continuous demand of commercial and industrial applications, it typically
Model CR Electric Boiler Vertical Steam Boiler
- The Cleaver-Brooks Model CR is an immersion-element steam boiler with a vertical, insulated vessel. This boiler is designed for the heavy-duty, continuous demand of commercial and industrial applications.
Skid Mounted Boiler Solutions
Modular Steam Skid Mounted Boiler Pre-packaged Steam Solutions
- Cleaver-Brooks pre-engineered, skid-mounted steam boiler solutions offer a simple way to get up and running in less time, with less effort, than traditional field installed systems. All of our pre-engineered systems include: Boiler, Feed
Modular Hydronic Skid Boiler Pre-packaged Hydronic Solutions
- Cleaver-Brooks pre-engineered and pre-packaged, skid-mounted hydronic boiler solutions offer a simple solution to get up and running in less time, with less effort than traditional field installed systems. Single point piping and
Custom Skid Solution Boiler Engineered Skid Solutions
- Cleaver-Brooks is your single source for custom boiler systems from the integrated boiler, burner and control to perfectly matched skid-mounted or containerized solutions.
Industrial Watertube Boilers
Heat Recovery Steam Generators
Waste Heat Boilers
Mobile Steam Plant Rentals
Skid-Mounted Packaged Rental Solutions
A skid-mounted packaged boiler is the perfect way to satisfy your industrial boiler needs anytime, anywhere. Our skid-mounted boiler fleet consists of firetube boilers starting at 5 HP with operating pressures beginning at 15 PSI, and watertube units starting at 20,000 PPH. Superheat, hot water and low NOx boilers are also available.
Skid-mounted rental boilers are ideal for projects requiring an economical and optimized temporary boiler solution. These units are perfect for supplying high-power, high-efficiency boilers to projects in environments where every square foot matters.
Skid-Mounted Hydronic & Domestic Hot Water Rental Solutions
Cleaver-Brooks offers domestic and hot water rental boilers in many models and sizes with low NOx, natural gas, oil and combination options. Hydronic and domestic hot water boilers start at .4 MBTU with operating pressures starting at 15 PSI.
Auxiliary Equipment Rental Solutions
In addition to our expansive boiler rental inventory, Cleaver-Brooks also carries auxiliary equipment that can be rented alongside our boilers or individually.
- Mobile water treatment trailers
- Heat exchangers
- SCR systems
- Boiler feedwater pumps and softeners
- And much more