Sepha MediScan Leak Testing is a tool-less, non-destructive leak detection device for non-porous pouches, sachets and medical device packaging. MediScan is a package leak test device developed to leak test flexible packaging. The machine is a tool-less, non-destructive leak detection device for non-porous pouches, sachets and medical device packaging.
- Medical device packaging
MediScan incorporates leak detection technology and software, developed by Sepha, that is utilized on a daily basis by top global pharma companies to leak test flexible packaging and ensure product packaging integrity.
Sepha MediScan Leak Testing Features
- Non-destructive seal integrity and leak detection device
- No tooling required, making it highly flexible across several pack types and sizes
- Capable of detecting weak seals, channel leaks and holes down to 10μm*
- Table top device
- Capable of handling wet** or dry non-porous packages up to 100mm x 200mm x 250mm
- Easy operator use via touch screen interface and easy load chamber
- Capable of storing multiple test methods for up to 30,000 product types
- User defined password protection ensuring multiple operator use
- Fully validated system
- Production of objective and repeatable results
- Test results can be printed, exported via USB (x2) or integrated into local quality control system via Ethernet cable
- Fast, efficient test speed
- Audit data available and fully 21 CFR part 11 compliant.
- Active Directory and OPC connectivity available on request
- The non-contact method is clean and dry, unlike destructive leak testing methods (e.g. Methylene Blue Dye Test) and does not destroy test product or packaging.
- Tested product can be retrieved from faulty packs and repackaged.
- Packs which pass the leak test can be put back onto the production line.
Accurate, validated results for each pouch or sachet
- Detects holes down to 10 microns.
- Automatically stores product-specific data in pre-designated file locations. PakScan verifies the product to be tested before each cycle.
- Totally objective results as no operator intervention is required
- Pass or fail criteria can be set to the same micron level as your existing Methylene Blue Dye Test.
- Result data is stored and can be printed or downloaded to other storage devices for further analysis.
Quicker troubleshooting for line set-up to reduce rejects
- Fast test cycle means that leak testing can be carried out more frequently.
- Earlier detection of leaks allows line operators to investigate the cause of the failed seal more quickly, so fewer faulty packs are produced on the line.
Easy to use
- No special technical skills required.
- Touch screen operator interface.
- 30 second product changeover.
Sepha MediScan Leak Testing Technical Specifications
- Pack Type
Sachets, pouches, bags, MAPs and flexible packaging (non-porous)
- Test Area
Up to 250mm (L) x 200mm (W) x 100mm (D)
- Test Cycle
From 20 seconds per test cycle
- Machine Construction
304 Stainless Steel Casework
- User Interface
8.4” SVGA (800 x 600) colour TFT LCD display
Electrical: 110/230V Single Phase AC 50/60 Hz / Air: Min. 200L/min at 0.6Mpa [ISO8573-1:2010 CLASS 2]
2 x USB ports, 1 x Ethernet port
- Tooling Changeover
No tooling required.
- Machine Dimensions
400mm(L) x 700mm (W) x 500mm (H)
- Machine Weight
- Shipping Weight
Supplied with a 12-month warranty. (Extended warranties are available for additional support).
Reference : sepha.com