CWAP The Cabin Wireless Access Points units are providing airlines’ crews and passengers alike a convenient and seamless access to Information, Data and Entertainment through Personal Electronic Devices or in-seat equipments.
Amphenol Socapex CWAP connector, with its dedicated 4 quadrax insert arrangement, is the perfect choice to achieve the expected level of performance, reliability and compliance to the ARINC standard.
Features & Benefits
- Derived from MIL-DTL-38999 and EN3645 Size 19 connectors (other sizes available)
- Shell material and plating: aluminum with electroless nickel Shell-to-shell bottoming
- Grounding fingers on the plug shell
- Completely mates and self-locks in a 360° turn of the coupling nut Anti-decoupling device allows high vibration performance
- Metallic insert to maintain ground plane with the connector shell for all the shielded contacts
- Dedicated stand-off receptacle with integrated ground pin
- Front Release / Front removable PCB pin contact on the receptacle side
- Rear Release / Rear removable crimp socket contact on the plug side
- Amphenol® Quadrax Contacts offers several advantages for high data transfer rates, low power consumption and excellent EMI compatibility:
- Four strategically spaced inner contacts form two 100 or 150 Ohm matched impedance differential pairs
- Outer contact has rugged wall section for durability
- Available in size 8 crimp termination style
- Also available in size 8 with PC tails
Amphenol is one of the largest manufacturers of interconnect products in the world. The Company designs, manufactures and markets electrical, electronic and fiber optic connectors, coaxial and flat-ribbon cable, and interconnect systems.
The primary end markets for the Company’s products are communications and information processing markets, including cable television, cellular telephone and data communication and information processing systems; aerospace and military electronics; and automotive, rail and other transportation and industrial applications.