HOFFER FLOW CONTROLS was incorporated in 1969 in the state of New Jersey. For more than fifty years Hoffer Flow Controls has been designing and manufacturing quality turbine flowmeters and related process instrumentation. Our initial experience was in the field of cryogenic flow measurement. Today our reputation in this field is synonymous with quality.
The development of the modern turbine flowmeter can be traced back to David Potter, founder of Potter Aeronautical. Potter pioneered the development of the turbine flowmeter for the Navy in the 1940’s. The initial application for the Potter turbine flowmeter was in fuel flow measurement for Navy aircraft. Today fuel flow continues to be an ideal application for the turbine flowmeter.
Throughout the 1950’s and early 1960’s business at Potter Aeronautical of Union, New Jersey thrived. Potter held exclusive patents on the design of the turbine flowmeter. Potter Aeronautical began licensing the turbine flowmeter to other companies, both domestic and internationally. At the time Potter Aeronautical closed in 1968, its’ production manager was a young engineer named Ken Hoffer. Ken then founded his own turbine flowmeter company… Hoffer Flow Controls.
For the first ten years in business Hoffer Flow Controls specialized in cryogenic flow measurement systems. Hoffer pioneered the use of the turbine flowmeter in cryogenics.
During the late 1970’s we began to diversify into other markets, including oil patch, chemical and petrochemical, aerospace and energy measurement. More recently, we have introduced our products to the European Common Market, Central and South America and the Far East.
Today Hoffer Flow Controls manufactures high precision turbine flowmeters, not only for the cryogenic industry but is a world leader in turbine flowmeter technology for the measurement of clean liquids and gases throughout the processing industries.
FOR LIQUIDS SIZES 1/4”-12”
Turbine flowmeters, Liquid precision flow measurement
Flow measuring system for :
- Energy Management
- Industrial Gases
- Oil & Gas Processing
- Crude Oil
- Natural Gas
- Low cost.
- Outstanding accuracy.
- Linearity +/-.5%
- Repeatability +/-.1%
- Provides wide flow ranges (10:1 to 100:1 turndown ranges available).
- Repeatable Flow Range: .0625 to 15,000 GPM.
- Wide variety of process connections available.
- Wide selection of construction materials.
- Operates over a wide range of temperatures and pressures.
- Precision flow measurement of industrial liquid applications within the process industries.
- Overrange: 150% of maximum flow (intermittently).
- Linearity: ±0.5% of reading (±0.25% typical) over tabulated linear flow range.
- Repeatability: ±0.1% (±0.05% typical) over tabulated repeatable range.
- Available Turn Down Range: 10:1 to 100:1.
- Available Temperature Range: -450°F to +450°F Standard. High temperature option to +850°F. Refer to various flowmeter configurations for pressure ratings, outline dimensions and available sizes.
- Pressure Drop Characteristics: 4 to 5 PSI at maximum linear flow rate at one CSTK.
- End Fittings: Available in NPT, MS flared and flanged styles. Other types available on request.
- Bearing Styles: Ceramic hybrid ball bearings and sleeve bearings in tungsten carbide and hard carbon composite are available.
- Materials: 316/316L dual rated stainless steel standard. Consult with applications group for corrosive applications. Broad material list available.
Reference : hofferflow.com