HOFFER FLOW CONTROLS was incorporated in 1969 in the state of New Jersey. For more than fifty years Hoffer Flow Controls has been designing and manufacturing quality turbine flowmeters and related process instrumentation. Our initial experience was in the field of cryogenic flow measurement. Today our reputation in this field is synonymous with quality.
The development of the modern turbine flowmeter can be traced back to David Potter, founder of Potter Aeronautical. Potter pioneered the development of the turbine flowmeter for the Navy in the 1940’s. The initial application for the Potter turbine flowmeter was in fuel flow measurement for Navy aircraft. Today fuel flow continues to be an ideal application for the turbine flowmeter.
Throughout the 1950’s and early 1960’s business at Potter Aeronautical of Union, New Jersey thrived. Potter held exclusive patents on the design of the turbine flowmeter. Potter Aeronautical began licensing the turbine flowmeter to other companies, both domestic and internationally. At the time Potter Aeronautical closed in 1968, its’ production manager was a young engineer named Ken Hoffer. Ken then founded his own turbine flowmeter company… Hoffer Flow Controls.
For the first ten years in business Hoffer Flow Controls specialized in cryogenic flow measurement systems. Hoffer pioneered the use of the turbine flowmeter in cryogenics.
During the late 1970’s we began to diversify into other markets, including oil patch, chemical and petrochemical, aerospace and energy measurement. More recently, we have introduced our products to the European Common Market, Central and South America and the Far East.
Today Hoffer Flow Controls manufactures high precision turbine flowmeters, not only for the cryogenic industry but is a world leader in turbine flowmeter technology for the measurement of clean liquids and gases throughout the processing industries.
The Hoffer Sanitary Series of Turbine Flowmeters are designed and manufactured to be compliant with the ASME Bioprocessing Equipment Standard for BPE-2016 for measurement of process liquids where high sanitary standards are required.
- For sanitary applications.
- Tri-Clamp end fittings.
- 11 sizes available, 1/4” thru 3”, covering flow rates for .35 to 650 GPM.
- Manufactured to be compliant with the ASME Bioprocessing Eqiupment Standard BPE-2016.
- -40 to +450°F standard operating temperature range.
- Linearity of ± .5%
- Repeatability of ± .1%
- All meter surfaces meet sanitary standards with 32 micro inch finish
- Sanitary flow measurement of process liquid applications such as pharmacuetical, beverage, etc. in 1/4” thru 3” sizes
- Accuracy & Linearity : ±0.5% of reading or better.
- Repeatability : ±0.1% of reading or better.
- Temperature Range:
-450°F to +450°F, process fluid with Std. Magnetic pickup coil.
-40°F to +185°F, process fluid with Redi-Pulse pickup coil.
- Signal Output : 10 mVRMS or greater into a 10K ohm load at minimum flow rate.
- Materials of Construction : 316/316L Dual Rated Stainless Steel
(with exceptions noted below) :
- Rotor : 17.4 PH SS.
- Retaining Ring : 15.7 MO PH SS.
- Bearings : Hard Carbon Composite.
- Surface Finish : All process contact surfaces
are as follows :
Mechanically Polished (STD): 30 micro-inch
Electropolished (upon request): 25 micro-inch
Finer finishes available as an option. Contact factory for details.
Note: To achieve optimum performance of the Sanitary Turbine Flowmeter, a minimum of 10 pipe diameters upstream and 5 pipe diameters downstream of meter size pipe must be used.
Reference : hofferflow.com