With more than 50 years of experience in the flow measurement field and numerous innovative and customer-specific product developments, we are your qualified and competent contact for flow measuring technology and calibration.
We solve even the most challenging measurement problems in close cooperation with you.
KEM offers a broad selection of measuring principles for this purpose. We develop, produce, and deliver high quality Gear Flow Meters, Turbine Flow Meters, Helical Flow Meters and Micro Flow Meters as well as Coriolis Mass Flow Meters worldwide. Specific accessories complement the product range.
KEM operates its own calibration laboratory certified according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2018. Here we intensively test each of our flowmeters before delivering it to the customer.
In the course of effective support and after-sales service, our in-house calibration expertise allows us to meet changing customer requirements for the measuring equipment they are using even years later, offering an optimum solution.
KEM has modern CAD and FEM systems for design and simulation. High-precision production and great flexibility in realizing even unusual customer requirements set us apart from competitors.
As an independent manufacturer, we control all design and production processes at all times thanks to our very extensive vertical integration. We deliver quality “Made in Germany” through considerable investments in development, design, and production.
KEM Küppers Elektromechanik GmbH was founded in 1965. We have been a flow measuring technology specialist ever since. Tailor-made products and solutions for challenging measuring tasks in all industry segments set us apart.
Gear flow meters (ZHM) are positive displacement meters. Two precise gears rotate freely inside the measuring chamber. Sealed cavities are created between the gears and the housing. The measured media causes the rotation of the gears. The flowing medium is distributed evenly in the measuring chamber and causes the rotation of the gears.
The gear wheels rotate freely and undamped in the media flow. Their rotational frequency is proportional to the flow rate and is measured by non-intrusive sensors (pickups) through the housing wall.
These meters are suitable for accurate measurement of different liquids with viscosities of approximately 1 to 25,000 mm²/s.
- ZHM ST Series Kem Kupper Gear Flow Meters : The ZHM ST gear flow meter series tungsten carbide sleeve bearing design) are flow meters which are mainly used in lubrication and non-lubrication liquids.
- ZHM KL Series Kem Kupper Gear Flow Meters : The ZHM KL gear flow meter series (ball bearing design) are flow meters which are mainly used in lubrication and non-lubrication liquids. They are equally suitable for filled, viscous and abrasive media.
- ZHM HP Series Kem Kupper Gear Flow Meter : The ZHM HP gear flow meter series (high pressure design) are flow meters which are mainly used in lubrication and non-lubrication liquids. They are equally suitable for filled, viscous and abrasive media.
- ZHM CT Series Kem Kupper Gear Flow Meters : The ZHM CT gear flow meter series (cartridge design) are flow meters which are mainly used in water- and solvent-based paints, as well as fillers and base coats.
- ZHM CI Series Kem Kupper Gear Flow Meters : Gear flow meter ZHM CI Series is a dedicated version, which is primarily used in applications for the upstream oil and gas market.
- ZHM MK Series Kem Kupper Gear Flow Meter : The ZHM MK gear flow meter (ball bearing design) are flow meters which are mainly used in lubrication and low-viscous liquids. Therefore they are used especially for the fuel consumption measurement and the dosing of low viscous media.
- GFM High Resolution Kem Kupper Gear Flow Meter : The special design of the GFM High Resolution series flow meters is tailored for measuring and dosing extremely small quantities.